Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a typical 14" round by 4" tall k&n filter i bought in 1999-2000 area. It has less than 20k miles on it. The actual element material is eroded away. A recipet for it might be hard to come by, but I might be able to get one, since they should be able to reprint one for me even from that long ago.

Will they actually warranty it? It's been sitting on the engine to my fairlane while it was sitting in the garage for 10 years, never saw rain or any other use during this time frame, just sat and sat......

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Never done a filter, but I did get warranty on an intake tube on my Dakota that cracked. Just called the place I bought it and they got me a new shipped right to my house. K&N didn't even want the old one back.

·
Capri For Sale
12,604 Posts
Advance Auto Parts warrantied one for me no questions asked. I do buy some parts from them though.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I had a customer with a FIPK on a Duramax and he asked me to service the filter. The rubber ring that slides on the intake tube had shrunk from heat and would not go back on. Icalled K&N gave them the part # on the filter and described the problem had a new one in 2 days no questions asked

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I had one on my race car that was on jack stands for 3yrs and much like yours the material started falling apart, I didnt feel safe running it anymore- put in a phone call had a brand new one 3 days later, K&N has great customer service!

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
6,793 Posts

·
Registered
13,277 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts