Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at shipping a boat from Washington state to Rhode Island...........

Good experience? Expensive?

·
time to go racing yet ?
36,272 Posts
uship is like ebay, you have good carriers, and scumbags, at the end of the day its up to you to pick the right carrier,...enter there DOT number into google and see if they have violations and insurance.... if they dont have a DOT number there not legit..... uship is not the carrier, just the brokerage company's that connects you to the carrier.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Used it a couple times. One of the drivers was a total dickhead and left my z06 on the side of the highway half a mile from the house. Fine for other shipments.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Used it a couple times. One of the drivers was a total dickhead and left my z06 on the side of the highway half a mile from the house. Fine for other shipments.

Say what ??

What is the story there ?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I was out of town when I bought the car from across the country so I had it delivered to my girlfriends house. She’s in a neighborhood in a street off a small highway. Driver didn’t want to go through the neighborhood streets so he called her and said it’s here by the side of the road come get it I’m leaving. She had to walk over half a mile in the middle of her work day from the house to drive it the rest of the way.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yeah I even chose a higher cost/ higher rated shipper and got that bs.

·
time to go racing yet ?
36,272 Posts
Yeah I even chose a higher cost/ higher rated shipper and got that bs.
that sucks, really does, i ship alot of freight not with uship but LTL carriers and often give my customers the low cost or high cost option... really fucking blows when a good transporter drops the ball............... but like i say, they all suck, every fucking one of those carriers suck, if you think 1 carrier is great you just dont ship enough freight

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
^ That sucks but I can also understand not wanting to drive a semi through a neighborhood. Sounds like a complete pain in the ass.

I'm not even in a neighborhood and still I meet drivers a mile away at a small shopping complex so they can easily drive in and out.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Does not make a bit of difference who you use. They are all brokers who post it on the board on central dispatch. That board is for all dealers and transportation company's. It's a monthly fee for the service. It's all about who is in the area and going the direction the load is going. All the brokers do is literally post it on the board and take a percentage of the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Looking at shipping a boat from Washington state to Rhode Island...........

Good experience? Expensive?
You want to ship a boat from one coast to another,why ?

That is a long way and will probably cost more than its worth. There are plenty of boats on the East Coast.

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You want to ship a boat from one coast to another,why ?

That is a long way and will probably cost more than its worth. There are plenty of boats on the East Coast.
Boat is going to be custom built. Was thinking two things. Fly out and rent a truck and tow it home, or use Uship........

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
If it's transportable with a pickup truck and not a semi,I think if you had the time to drive it back across country you might be better off to go that route.

That way if anything does go wrong you will be there to handle it and not depend on a stranger. A custom boat is something I would have to handle myself.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
I bought a Boat from California. Got our YellowBullet and P h a n t o m B u l l e t Brother Steve (FastFordsForever), to haul it for me. He drove from Indianapolis (where he lives) to California, then to Virginia, where I live.
He did a real good job for me. You might want to give him a shout and see what he says.

Mod

·
Registered
864 Posts
I was out of town when I bought the car from across the country so I had it delivered to my girlfriends house. She’s in a neighborhood in a street off a small highway. Driver didn’t want to go through the neighborhood streets so he called her and said it’s here by the side of the road come get it I’m leaving. She had to walk over half a mile in the middle of her work day from the house to drive it the rest of the way.
I bet that mo-fo got zero stars for that load

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If it's transportable with a pickup truck and not a semi,I think if you had the time to drive it back across country you might be better off to go that route.

That way if anything does go wrong you will be there to handle it and not depend on a stranger. A custom boat is something I would have to handle myself.
It's a commercial grade 18 foot clamming skiff I'll be using for "bull raking"

·
Registered
421 Posts
you will get a ton of high quotes the first day, reject them, then the prices come down. dont pay the whole amount up front

1 - 20 of 23 Posts