Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we've been doing alot of testing with different Tires, the wheel screw holes are getting a bit used! I talked with our wheel maker and he suggested we look into these since he had been told about them. I don't want to be a guinea pig for something like this, So the Bullet I Will ask!

Let me here about it if you've tried them!

http://www.kaizen-ms.com/TireScrewsandInserts.html

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I never used anything like that but they look like they would work. Just take a little time with the inserts. Cheaper than new wheels

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
I tried to buy them a few years ago, but he had stopped selling them because he found a problem or was not completely happy with them at that time. Seems like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I have some gooned up holes as well. I just drill a pilot hole in the tire and thread the screws into the rubber. Haven't tossed one yet. If I had drilled pilot hole when the threads were good, perhaps I would not have screwed them up in the first place.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
7secondmalibu is a member here on the bullet. I do know he had them on the malibu at one time. Maybe p.m. him or he just might reply. He didn't have any problems that I'm aware of. Hope this helps. Also Chris Coogan that markets these inserts is up front and if there was or is a problem he will tell you the straight on them .

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
When my screw holes wore out on my rims, I had the holes tigged then smoothed out and redrilled worked great cost around 25.00
However, those inserts look pretty trick.
Good Luck
BobH

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I've ran them the past few years and they work great. They take some time to install properly but when you are done they are far superior to sheet metal screws.

As Rob Mcdonnough said above, Chris is a very honest guy and great to work with.

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
you could always convert them to beadlocks.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
What thread size is the actual screw? 1/4-28??
I like the insert idea. Very cool. How much are they?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts