Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
http://www.cachassisworks.com/p-335-anti-roll-bar-welded-flange-bearing-mounts.aspx

interested in the strength of the arm itself at the spline, the rest of the kit would be junked just need the arms and the inserts if its well made.

Bear products makes the best splined arm out there, but i would like to know anyone had good luck with the fit of these?
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

I have splined arms that are super strong. You'll twist the shaft before you'll sheer the splines... Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
If you want bullet proof, go with a STEEL splined arm. I dont care what you do, the aluminum splines will eventually get loose. Bear's has the best ARB on the market in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
If you want bullet proof, go with a STEEL splined arm. I dont care what you do, the aluminum splines will eventually get loose. Bear's has the best ARB on the market in my opinion.
Opinions vary on that. Been using aluminum anti-roll arms on 3000-6000 lbs off road cars for years and the steel cross bar is usually want fails, not the splines in the aluminum arms. I understand launching a car can be hard on these components, but launching a off road Class 1 trophy truck over whoops, mile after mile and day after day is gotta be worse than anything a drag car can throw at it... But again, that's just my opinion. Another thing to remember, not all aluminum is the same, just as it is with steel. And not all splines are cut the same... If anyone wants to try a set of my aluminum arms, but they afraid the splines with strip... I'll warrantee the arms for a year, no questions asked.

I have a roll bar somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up, that came off a Off Road car using one of these aluminum arms. The car launched off a dune and it came down on one of the rear wheels (all the weight, aprox 4000 lbs, on one wheel from probably 10-15' high) It blew the tire bent the rim and snapped the roll bar "behind" the spline. The steel roll bar was replaced and the arm was re-used and is still going to this day. The steel roll bar is 1.25" OD X .250" thick...

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
If the steel tube is the weak link, why not warranty the arms for life? ;) Sorry...I had to...

Going over whoops will beat the shit out of any components yes. The difference I see is the forces applied. Generally, whoops are moving both tires in the same direction and somewhat evenly. I drag car does exactly the opposite. The left rear tire is being slammed into the ground, while the right rear tire is try to go through the tub. This action, in my opinion would be much more stressful on an ARB than going over whoops. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
If the steel tube is the weak link, why not warranty the arms for life? ;) Sorry...I had to...

Going over whoops will beat the shit out of any components yes. The difference I see is the forces applied. Generally, whoops are moving both tires in the same direction and somewhat evenly. I drag car does exactly the opposite. The left rear tire is being slammed into the ground, while the right rear tire is try to go through the tub. This action, in my opinion would be much more stressful on an ARB than going over whoops. Just my opinion.
I hear you, but "in my opinion" there is no more abusive environment than Off Road racing... Nothing even comes close. And the reason I don't go with a bigger/thicker bar is because it "works." That size has the right amount of twist and the right amount of strength and only one has failed to date. Truth be told I have no idea why that one failed... It was probably a bad stick of steel but since I don't know for sure, I'm not going to say that for sure. But I did warrantee it because it should not have fails so all the people concerned where happy.

As far as lifetime warranty goes... Not sure I can do that but call the "other guy" a year later and ask him to give you a new racing part... I truly believe in what I make and sell so I warranty everything I sell for a year... And if "I" installed the anti-roll bar kit I'd double that warranty without a seconds hesitation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts