Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for new 28ft enclosed and lookin' at racing junk I saw an ad for these Forest River trailers. I've owned 4 different trailers and I really like the look of these trailers and they seem to be priced pretty reasonable. Any feedback would be great if anyones ever used one. Thanks-------------------Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought a 32' this past January & it is excellent. Had a 26' Haulmark which was an 1" or 2" wider but the Forest River is great for the price. Try KC Trailer in GA. Chris was excellent to work with.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
be glad to sell you a pace or a vintage, we have 28 in stock and it has options.
we are located in brandenburg ky
give us a call tomorrow and ask for patrick

ALL YELLOW BULLIT MEMBERS GET A BETTER PRICE!!!

thanks
pat wheatley

·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
If you ever go to Elkhart In you will realise 1 trailer can have 4 differnt stickers lol . when we picked up our old 52 ft they even asked us do you want it to be 1 of these 4 lol .

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
My 50' Gooseneck has been a great trailer....not the lightest, but very sturdy and tows like a dream I would by one of their trailers again :cool:

Rick

·
Registered
555 Posts
i live in elkhart in. and yes some trls. have different stickers on them.but to the question i own a26ft v-nose by forest river and its call a continal there a pretty good trl. no problems with mine i bought it new in 1998

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
when we became a trailer dealer we were pace only, really nice trailer, warranties great but they were a little pricey, so we took on vintage better price and they are a good trailer a little tight on warranty, and we used both
right now we are using a 48 footer with a complete bathroom only and its yellow with no screws in the side, we really like it.
forest river has been trying to get us to sell theirs but the price is the same give or take 50 bucks.
forest river also have several names but same company

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
we had a 32" and it was nice, now we have a 32' stacker, again, very nice trailer

chad

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I have the cheaper Continental Cargo made by Forest River and its held up fine for a few years now and I'm not very nice to it, its pretty well made IMO.

I'd buy another but a few local dealers have the Vintage trailers and they are pretty nice for the $$ too.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I really like forest river trailers. I have owned about 10 different brands and I would say they are better than most. I have owned everything from a 5x8 to an 8.5x28.

Kevin Tolliver

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'll put my 2 cents in here too. I had a custom built Millenium (built by Vintage) with living quarters. It was a really nice trailer for the $ Last spring I had Pace custom built me a 28' there is no comparison in construction the Pace is way nicer and way heavier duty. They are more $ but a better built trailer in my opinion. I looked at the Forest River stuff (insert one of 4 brand names) and they looked pretty decent about like the Vintage stuff. For me what does it was customer service. That said I had excelent customer service from Millenium on my first trailer. But when I called them they couldnt come close to the bang for the buck I could get on a Pace through a dealer I found on Racing Junk. Turned out said dealers customer service sucked ass. The only saving grace was that even though the dealer sucked the Pace factory rep went out of his way to make sure I was happy. I showed up to pick my trailer up before it was done thanks to the dealers screw up and they handled it with little problem (bumped my trailer up to the front of the line for finishing). Due to some low life scum I also had to replace a broken door latch. A call to Pace's 800# and I had one the next day. My opinion..... make sure you get the warm fuzzy feeling from whoever you are dealing with it will make life lots easier, sometimes the best price isn't the best deal.

Craig

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I'll put my 2 cents in here too. I had a custom built Millenium (built by Vintage) with living quarters. It was a really nice trailer for the $ Last spring I had Pace custom built me a 28' there is no comparison in construction the Pace is way nicer and way heavier duty. They are more $ but a better built trailer in my opinion. I looked at the Forest River stuff (insert one of 4 brand names) and they looked pretty decent about like the Vintage stuff. For me what does it was customer service. That said I had excelent customer service from Millenium on my first trailer. But when I called them they couldnt come close to the bang for the buck I could get on a Pace through a dealer I found on Racing Junk. Turned out said dealers customer service sucked ass. The only saving grace was that even though the dealer sucked the Pace factory rep went out of his way to make sure I was happy. I showed up to pick my trailer up before it was done thanks to the dealers screw up and they handled it with little problem (bumped my trailer up to the front of the line for finishing). Due to some low life scum I also had to replace a broken door latch. A call to Pace's 800# and I had one the next day. My opinion..... make sure you get the warm fuzzy feeling from whoever you are dealing with it will make life lots easier, sometimes the best price isn't the best deal.

Craig
wow sounds like you have been thru it! that is the very reason we got into the trailer business, when we bought our first one (from a big trailer co) never could get anyone on the phone that remembered you, we sold it and went to two other trailer co's, five different times and never talked to anyone, one company i went thru their complete bldg and no one was even there and i did that not once but five different times.
if we can help give us a try.
we are small just a father and son working on small overhead.
and you are right about pace, they will go out of there way to make you happy.

pat wheatley
270-422-2204
"not only do we sell trailers, we use them"

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Forrest River is good at honoring their warranty's, mine developed a minor roof leak at the edge seal in one spot and they authorized my dealer to reseal the entire roof :p I purchased it in 2005 so it's actually out of warranty, I thought that was pretty good service :p

It's a Continental Cargo Auto Master w/ LQ

Rick

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I think the pace factory in south georgia sux. A friend of mine had a custom trailer made there and you could look down the side and see that it was bad out of square.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts