Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
I have been a timber faller for 20 years and all I run are modified saws. What do you have?

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
How did I know that you would be the first person to reply to this thread????? LOL.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Ask these guys...........

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
I have friends from Forks Wa. that run a nitrous V8 saw, its a hoot!!

*EDIT*
That aluminum Buick is it pre nitrous.

·
Practical Joker
3,431 Posts
I have been a timber faller for 20 years and all I run are modified saws. What do you have?
LOL i love the bullet. Always an answer on hand.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Twin turbo aluminum 5.3 ls chainsaw?
Always thought of those little KTM 50 dirt bikes at the motocross races as a chainsaw on wheels. Put a bar on one of those.

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
homelite 23av think it is 16 inch bar, it was free......
Add another port to the muffler, on the inside there is a "flame Box" that blocks exhaust directly out of the port. Drill several holes in that also. Remove the base gasket from the cylinder and true the cylinder base and install without the gasket,loctite the bolts though. If you can open up the airbox also.

If you want to get advanced with it port the intake side of the piston and cylinder and open up the exhaust port too.

·
Thread killa
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Add another port to the muffler, on the inside there is a "flame Box" that blocks exhaust directly out of the port. Drill several holes in that also. Remove the base gasket from the cylinder and true the cylinder base and install without the gasket,loctite the bolts though. If you can open up the airbox also.

If you want to get advanced with it port the intake side of the piston and cylinder and open up the exhaust port too.
I just want to tweek it a lil bit. Base gasket? would I need to jet up?

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
any quick mods for a stihl ms 290
Basically the same thing. Open up the exhaust so it can breathe. I like to buy an exhaust port and screen for a Husky 288XP. They work awesome and have a spark arrestor screen also. Drill out the flame box and mod the raincover for the filter to get more air in also.

Here is the port I use on all my mods.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HUSQVAR...697?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cc55fc11

My MS 660's have three exhaust ports when I am done.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts