Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a book on cams and simple applications where a supercharged motor is a good candidate to start with for a turbo cam. Any one of you in this forum smart enough to express the simplicity on choosing a cam for a twin turbo 540 BBC with big chief heads jump right in.

This is one candidate I have in mind
Dur. @ .50 286 305
Lobe Lift .5100 .4900
Timing @ .50 31 75 88.5 36.5
Dur. @ .20 321 347
Gross lift 918 857
Lobe Sep 114

Is the overlap going to kill the exhaust valve and the boost suffers. Or can you decrease the centerline to 112 and create a lower back psi on the exhaust side to equal them out.

If the secrete is loading the intake charge with 20 deg of overlap max when do you draw the line.

·
Registered
135 Posts
From what Ive seen and heard a nitrous cam and a supercharged cam are simular but a turbo cam usually doesnt need a big split on duration because the exhaust side will always be pressurized under boost and alot of exhaust duration can cause excesive heat in the combustion camber. Personally I would be alittle worried on that wide of a duration split. My turbo set up was on a small block and the big block may be a little different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.