Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently nobody has respect for other peoples time anymore. Id have to say 9 out of 10 times I have someone coming to drop off or pickup a car or parts, theyre significantly late. For example, I was supposed to have a car picked up at 830 this morning. I show up around 815, pull the car outside. Around 9 I call the guy, no answer. 930 he calls me back saying, theyre running late, Ill let you know when I leave. Hes coming from around 45 minutes away so even if he left then, Id be sitting around with my thumb up my ass for almost 2 hours. Im normally closed on weekends and make exceptions to accommodate people. Its it too much to take 30 seconds and make a phone call. WTF. :-Yap

·
Registered
170 Posts
Apparently nobody has respect for other peoples time anymore. Id have to say 9 out of 10 times I have someone coming to drop off or pickup a car or parts, theyre significantly late. For example, I was supposed to have a car picked up at 830 this morning. I show up around 815, pull the car outside. Around 9 I call the guy, no answer. 930 he calls me back saying, theyre running late, Ill let you know when I leave. Hes coming from around 45 minutes away so even if he left then, Id be sitting around with my thumb up my ass for almost 2 hours. Im normally closed on weekends and make exceptions to accommodate people. Its it too much to take 30 seconds and make a phone call. WTF. :-Yap

>>> Well shit, atleast you got a hold of them.. I had a joker tell me he was coming to pick up heads 1 week ago & just called me @ 6:45 this morning to see if he could come get em today..
Ummm sorry, I didn't hear from you since last friday, so they sold.. Was pissed at me for not calling him.... Well I sent you 5 texts, guess thats not good enough..:mad:

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,413 Posts
yup all the time , the one that really pissed me off was a guy last summer , he said he would be at my shop around 9pm . no problem im here late during the summer becuase of the heat . well . that day he calls me 3-4 times to get directions and make sure everything is cool . no problem . well 9 oclock comes around no one . then i get a text msg from him { thank god i gave him my cell #} but he says he isnt interested . wtf .

the biggest thing i hate about customers is they dont understand what a land line is . everyone is so fucking stuck on texting . i dont give out my cell # to anyone unless its real important . but i have alot of guys ask me didnt you get my text ?

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
its not just customers theses days...

How about hiring a plumber and when he shows up the first time hes 30 minutes late and has his kids as he just wanted to evaluate the job (even after knowing what it was prior to coming). Ok no biggie, he asks if he can come on that Saturday to start as that was his first available day. Sure why not, lets say 10 am because it was new years day and i was going out. 10:05 i get a text saying he is sick and cant come that day, so i ask when then. He says Tuesday 8-8:30 am. No problem ill go into work a little late, but ill get my plumbing finally done. 9:30 rolls around and I call the guy and he says oh my truck isnt drivable over 45mph it needs new tie rods. I ask if he could get a different vehicle he says no he needs to take this one in to get it fixed and he should be over in the afternoon to start working. I tell him to call before going over, seems like no issue till he is a no call no show again. So now he bounced twice on me before even starting and 1 was after he was already supposed to be there, the other i had to call him just to find out he wasn't going to be at my house at all. OK so when can you come, he says the next Saturday 9am, so Saturday it is. He shows up this time....but is 30 minutes late with no call or text that he would be late. Mind you he lives about 20-25 minutes from me so its not like he has tons of traffic or construction and stuff to dodge. He get some of the job done that day but i didnt like part of it so had him redo a section, he built it on a slight angle. But its enough angle that every time i see it im gonna get a little salty about that it couldn't have taken 5 more minutes to fix (side note - i am fixing this myself because its not worth the hassle of scheduling him). So it all gets finished up and he calls me the next day (Thursday) asking when he can pick up a check. I say that friday 8am or after 5pm. He says ok ill be there after 5pm, again not a problem as he did do the job and it seems to be working good. No call, no text, no show for his own money. He starts blowing my phone off the hook at 7:30am on Saturday (im sleeping) leaving voice mails and texts asking if he can come over that morning to get his check. I said screw it, if he wants it he knows my schedule and will just come over during the week, im not sitting around waiting for this guy any more. So beginning of this week he sends another text i need that check when can i come by. I reply with, like I said any time after 5pm during the week but call first to make sure im there. Oh and do you know where that 10 feet of copper pipe and that new valve go that you cut out in my basement? Because i looked around and cant find it anywhere.......no answer from him.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I get the same thing when I am trying to get custum stuff made. I am have a new oil pan made and I let them pick the completion date. I mean seriously...they picked the date! How much easier can I be to work with ! Do they miss the dates ? Everytime. Everyone seems to work off of the squeekly wheel theory.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't have a shop but my buddy owns a transmission shop. I've waited with him{trying to get to the track} on people plenty of times. The folks from out of town always seem to be a tad late but that's forgivable. it's the folks from town that will hold you up for hours.
No call, won't answer the phone or return a text and show up like it's no big deal they're hours late. Then want to complain about the cost when they knew how much it was going to be beforehand.
There's a reason i don't work with the public. The majority of them are an inconsiderable lot.

·
Registered
13,268 Posts
Even having friends over at a specific time and they show up 45 minutes late. I lock the door and turn off the lights after 10 minutes. Maybe why I drink alone a lot!:drinkers:

·
Registered
279 Posts
We're in the hay business and most people are on time, but every once in a while some people just never show up or are 2 hours late
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
The garage next to ours charges $19.95 a day in storage fees .If your not there before the place is locked up -tough shit!!

·
SomeWhat Jaded
4,772 Posts
we have a toyota dealership that comes and gets their safety inspections done here from the city (50 minute drive...rarely ever any traffic)..the gofer was late about 20 minutes..which can be understandable,and about the max i will tolerate or it fucks up the day...so i told him..

this last week..the gen manager calls to book...i tell him,"plz be here on time...you're in for 1015,right after break"..(he likes that time..i always try to get him that spot)...the f'n gofer gets here at 1110..."sorry man...best i can do is SQUEEZE you in at 1pm..right after lunch..your late again...mc donalds is across the street if you need lunch...."

he got out at 220...we took out time

·
Customer User Titty
3,394 Posts
All the time to either pick up or drop off cars. They'll ask if it's ok for them to come early morning and we say sure, finish up other work at like 1 or 2pm and still no show.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Even having friends over at a specific time and they show up 45 minutes late. I lock the door and turn off the lights after 10 minutes. Maybe why I drink alone a lot!:drinkers:
I had a buddy like that. We would have plans to go somewhere and he was supposed to be at my house at a certain time. He would always be late. Finally I started leaving without him. Twenty minutes into the drive I would get a call " hey I'm at your house, where are you". I did this twice and he finally got the point.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I had a buddy like that. We would have plans to go somewhere and he was supposed to be at my house at a certain time. He would always be late. Finally I started leaving without him. Twenty minutes into the drive I would get a call " hey I'm at your house, where are you". I did this twice and he finally got the point.
I have a buddy like that.Tell him were leaving for the track at so&so time and he is late.I started to leave him and he was on time the next time.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
My EX was notorious for making us late to functions!...
It got to where people would tell us the function started an hour earlier than it actually did and we'd still seldom show up before most other people were there!... :rolleyes:

·
SO MUCH TIMING CHAIN!
1,135 Posts
that used to happen all the time until i started actually running my business as a true business, lol...when i tell people that i am open till five, they have exactly till 5 to come and pic up their cars, and they are told if they dont, to come tomorow. i have had people come at 5:30 and watch me drive by them in the parking lot honking their horns. but hey, thats a half hour wasted that i dont need to be wasting, now granted i give everyone one chance, if they call and say they are running late i ask them how long if they arent there in said acceptable time, i leave.

may sound really bad, but my time is worth money, just like theirs...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts