Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much power difference your seeing over a Dynojet unit. It did 859 on the Mustang unit (unlocked 4L80E) and were putting it on a Dynojet next week. This is a street car that will probably never see what its capable of on a track and I know dynos are just numbers and lots of variables but Im curious. Also it has a single disk converter so we didnt lock it to save the clutch. How much is that giving up? Yank said 10hp. I suspect a bunch more?

·
Registered
14,188 Posts
MD typically show 5-9% lower than DJs from the research I did a couple years back.

·
Smoked another CTD
3,951 Posts
What model Dynojet? What model Mustang?

If your trying to compare numbers from inertia dyno like DJ 248 to a load cell like a Mustang 1100de who nows what you might get. If they are both load cells I would bet the DJ will show higher. I have dynoed the same car on a load cell Mustang and load cell Superflow. Numbers where very close.

If you can run the number on Mustang or Superflow load cell you should be pleased by the track results.

·
Registered
49,441 Posts
MD typically show 5-9% lower than DJs from the research I did a couple years back.
Depends on the dyno, I've seen 5-9% at 200-350hp, but at 550-600 hp it grows to 15% plus.

Seems to vary allot to.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Never done any comparisons but I love the Mustang dyno for part throttle loading. Saves a whole bunch of driveability tuning time.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Would like to know the difference between load cell and inertia also.
What does putting a 20 to 30 percent load on a car do for numbers?

·
Registered
181 Posts
i dynoed on a mustang too. as soon as i get my new b/c in im going to put it on a dynojet and see how it compares

·
Registered
523 Posts
Our old 5.3 Turbo Fairmont put 535 down on a mustang dyno, and then 605 on a dynojet in the same configuration.

This was with a t400 and a convertor we would blow thru at the track.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Depends on the dyno, I've seen 5-9% at 200-350hp, but at 550-600 hp it grows to 15% plus.

Seems to vary allot to.
Thats quite interesting....

2005 Corvette H & C full bolt ons, goes 11.0 @ 129mph
495rwhp dynojet
421rwhp mustang

2008 Corvette Z06 with a procharger
634rwhp dynojet
540rwhp mustang

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats quite interesting....

2005 Corvette H & C full bolt ons, goes 11.0 @ 129mph
495rwhp dynojet
421rwhp mustang

2008 Corvette Z06 with a procharger
634rwhp dynojet
540rwhp mustang
Thanks. Thats about 17%.

I gauranteed the guy a 1000rwhp car so I need to deliver but this Mustang dyno is killing it. If it was mine I wouldnt care but its not. Looks like the inertia DJ will deliver lol.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Ive had my car on both Mustang dyno 1080 and on a Dynojet 1360

from what Ive seen the higher the HP the greater percentage separation between the dynos. Your average street car is about 8 to 10%
It's just a tool to many people get hung up on the whole numbers thing, take it to the track

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Not that Im advocating you do this, but you can easily fudge the numbers on a mustang dyno.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've always seen 15-17% between a typical mustang dyno and typical dynojet. The difference between the two percentages is just which way you're looking at the numbers (gain vs loss). It's amazing how many people give me shit when I say it runs high 8s but dynoed 589 on a mustang. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts