Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run a crank trigger but need a spacer on the top pulley to bring it out by the thickness of the wheel. Is one available or is it a DIY at home job?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Another choice would be to get a balancer from ATI; the wheel is part of the balancer and doesn't change any of the dimensions. Expensive, but makes things pretty easy...

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Another choice would be to get a balancer from ATI; the wheel is part of the balancer and doesn't change any of the dimensions. Expensive, but makes things pretty easy...

x2....good call Tim. You got all that high dollar shit on your Cutlass don't you. :p If you already have an ATI balancer you can buy just the shell with crank trigger wheel built into it.

Craig

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have an ATI balancer on the engine. Got a guy who said he will laser cut a 1/4" spacer for me if I draw it out. Rather just space the pulley as I have other parts that snake round the blower and bracket.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Usually there is plenty of room on a cog pulley to allow the different configurations of spacing. I assume then that maybe you have a serpentine belt? Why not just space the blower out another 1/4"? I hate the see anymore side bending loads on that shaft than needed by spacing the pulley out.

·
Registered
784 Posts
x2....good call Tim. You got all that high dollar shit on your Cutlass don't you. :p If you already have an ATI balancer you can buy just the shell with crank trigger wheel built into it.

Craig
What's up Craig. You know how it is; just keep throwin $$ at it. LOL When I sent my Balancer back to ATI for the mod, it was easy; just unbolted it from the hub & left the hub pressed on the crank. That Fukin hub is pressed on the crank pretty Tight; it's always been a bitch to get off with the engine still in the car.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Usually there is plenty of room on a cog pulley to allow the different configurations of spacing. I assume then that maybe you have a serpentine belt? Why not just space the blower out another 1/4"? I hate the see anymore side bending loads on that shaft than needed by spacing the pulley out.

I agree with Jake. Do as you wish, but your putting more stress on the shaft and pulley bolts asking for problems. The pulley may not even register on the hub anymore with a 1/4" spacer behind it. The pulley is probably wide enough to where it may not even need to be moved. But I personally would just move the whole blower/brackets out if necessary and best thing it'd only cost like $2 to do it.

Craig

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
What's up Craig. You know how it is; just keep throwin $$ at it. LOL When I sent my Balancer back to ATI for the mod, it was easy; just unbolted it from the hub & left the hub pressed on the crank. That Fukin hub is pressed on the crank pretty Tight; it's always been a bitch to get off with the engine still in the car.
Not much here buddy, just enjoying the heat. My balancer is the same way, had to use the "hot wrench" last time to get the sob off the crank. Thats a good thing though!

Craig

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good point on there maybe being enough leeway with the belt / pulley relationship to run it as is. I'll check and I will use longer bolts if I go the spacer route.
Thanks for the responces, it's appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts