Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dyslexic Lord of the Sith
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for a carry weapon and I want it to be .45 ACP. I love 1911s but have always wanted more magazine capacity.

I recently came across a compact double stack 1911 called the warthog. My question is if anyone has any experience with these double stack 1911s. Are the overly thick in the grip? Do the feed correctly?

My other choice is a Glock 30 maybe a gen 4 or g30s. But have read that since it is a double stack there conceal ability is clothing and dress dependant. That is not something I really want to deal with.

If I have to, I can go single stack but would prefer the extra rounds.

Then I could go with something like a Kimber pro carry, G30sf, or Kahr CW45 (which I really like).

Just looking for some discussion.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
I carry a P12 quite often in cool weather It's basically the same gun sans the dust cover and type of metal used. I only carry 10 in it and use 185 grains. Shoots good. They feed fine as long as the mags are good.

·
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like Para Ordance because their factory is 40 minutes away from me, in case I ever needed something done to it. I have also heard a lot of good things about them recently as far their quality stepping up and their triggers being very good now. I held a GI Expert at a gun show recently and liked it, I thought the PT1911 I held felt nicer. Everyone says if you get a Para than runs how it is supposed to that they are very good guns for the price....*shrugs*??? What the word on the streets?

·
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can if I end up not carrying it..... that is about as wrong as a carry weapon can get!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I have a para officers model i built years ago chambered in 38 super and a commander in 45 carry them in cold weather hard to hide in warm weather.

·
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have a para officers model i built years ago chambered in 38 super and a commander in 45 carry them in cold weather hard to hide in warm weather.
That is my biggest issue, I wear shorts and t-shirt 65% of the year.

The things about the Warthog, is I will end up having to sink some extra cash into it to get a left handed ambi safety and do a little dremel work to the grips, no big deal really though. But none of the rental ranged in my area have a double stack 1911 to try full size or compact. I have shot a 92fs before, and I assume they are very similar to those. However, I am just unsure at this time.

My concerns with the double stacks period... is if I would be able to conceal it 100% of the time. I'm a college student so I need to make my money go as far as I can because I am not in a position to have different weapons and platforms I can switch out depending on my dress. My number one concern is having something I will ACTUALLY carry 99% of the time. I am not one of these guys that live under the impression of having to get into a full blown gun fight with 3 attackers and needing 20+ rounds (although it does happen, the story on Glocktalk always rears its head in my mind). Although I do want as many rounds as I can... if that makes sense. In other words I am not willing to forego comfort and actually having the gun on me to have a weapon with higher capacity that I carry less, in the case that I would need 2-3 extra rounds.

I am beginning to think, that in all actuality I may just end up going with a single stack. Something like the cw45 from Kahr like I mentioned earlier. I have held two different models of them (the 9mm and 45 acp they are identical) and I really liked it, and feel the best about being able to conceal that.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I've been looking around for a carry weapon and I want it to be .45 ACP. I love 1911s but have always wanted more magazine capacity.

I recently came across a compact double stack 1911 called the warthog. My question is if anyone has any experience with these double stack 1911s. Are the overly thick in the grip? Do the feed correctly?

My other choice is a Glock 30 maybe a gen 4 or g30s. But have read that since it is a double stack there conceal ability is clothing and dress dependant. That is not something I really want to deal with.

If I have to, I can go single stack but would prefer the extra rounds.

Then I could go with something like a Kimber pro carry, G30sf, or Kahr CW45 (which I really like).

Just looking for some discussion.

Thanks.
I carry the Kahr pm 45 best gun I own

·
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Other than a small revolver ( I have a Ruger SP101) what is something I could conceal well in shorts and a t-shirt? Preferably in .45 or I guess 9mm

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Other than a small revolver ( I have a Ruger SP101) what is something I could conceal well in shorts and a t-shirt? Preferably in .45 or I guess 9mm
Glock 42, Kel Tec PF9, Shield, XDS, etc. A lot to choose from.

·
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glock 42, Kel Tec PF9, Shield, XDS, etc. A lot to choose from.
Not a fan of the XDs.

I've always heard Kel Tec has reliabilty issues. I say this because I've always wanted to get my mom a sub2000.

·
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
PT145 Mil Pro 10rnd 45ACP
Up until a year ago when I fell in love with my Glock the PT145 was what I planned to get.

Considered the concerns I have stated, how concealable it.

I'm 5'11 and weigh 170lbs.

I have always been a big Taurus fan, I think they catch a bad rap. Would you trust it with your life? Ever one I have ever shot functioned flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
In warm weather in shorts and t shirt i usually carry my rugers lcp and lcr. I have a wallet holster for the lcp fits right in my back pocket. Not the firepower but better than nothing and very easy to hide.

·
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I plan to use the Pistolwear holster for my daily rig. Seems like it would work with what I need.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Up until a year ago when I fell in love with my Glock the PT145 was what I planned to get.

Considered the concerns I have stated, how concealable it.

I'm 5'11 and weigh 170lbs.

I have always been a big Taurus fan, I think they catch a bad rap. Would you trust it with your life? Ever one I have ever shot functioned flawlessly.
I'm 6'1" at 145lbs and no one has mentioned it when I was in shorts and a t-shirt. I carry it daily, have put 1500rnds through it myself and bought it used at a pawn shop. I've only had two failure to fires and that was bad primers. Every other time it's gone bang and accurately. I do trust my life to it. I carry iwb about 4 o'clock. I can get some pics if you would like.

·
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you have a profile shot in shorts and t-shirt? You're likely thinner than I am so that would be a nice help.

·
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats cool man, if you don't wanna post in here you can PM me. It's all when ever you get a chance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts