Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Viper in the shop that I am going to cage. I have not yet done one of these cars and I am looking for ideas. I think I have it planned out pretty well, but it's always nice to see ideas from other people as well.
So, if you have caged a Viper and would not mind sharing some photos, I would greatly appreciate it.

Scott

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
one of the guys local to me did one yrs back , forget what shop did the work it was a basic 8.50 style deal car ran mid 9,s that,s the only one i have seen done.

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh, there doesn't seem to be alot of them out there. I'll post pics of this one if people would like.
It's a pretty tight space in their. And not alot of exposure to factory frame. I have two of them to do, but this is the first. Just 8.50 certs. Both cars well over the 1000 hp mark though. We also may be looking at a solid axle swap on the one.
Should be interesting.

If anyone can come up with anything, it would be appreciated.

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
might wanna get a hold of Heffners Performance. They built Chad Wiliiams' 7 second Viper back about 5-6 years ago. so I'm sure they have the photos/info you're looking for.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Yeh, there doesn't seem to be alot of them out there. I'll post pics of this one if people would like.
It's a pretty tight space in their. And not alot of exposure to factory frame. I have two of them to do, but this is the first. Just 8.50 certs. Both cars well over the 1000 hp mark though. We also may be looking at a solid axle swap on the one.
Should be interesting.

If anyone can come up with anything, it would be appreciated.
Sounds like a PITA.No room....Good luck!Post some pics when your done.:cool:

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't find any pics of the inside of Goodwin's car.
I can't find anything on the Wolford Bro's, where are they from?
I have been on some viper forums, and found a few pics of some pretty basic cages. This will only be an 8.50 cage, but I have a few ideas how to make it a little nicer. I guess that I am just going to have to let the imagination run wild on this one. I am going to finish taking the interior and everything out of it on Monday. I'll see how and where I can attach some stuff then.

·
D/R 1879
4,801 Posts
I have a Viper in the shop that I am going to cage. I have not yet done one of these cars and I am looking for ideas. I think I have it planned out pretty well, but it's always nice to see ideas from other people as well.
So, if you have caged a Viper and would not mind sharing some photos, I would greatly appreciate it.

Scott
Sal Patel had his Viper done by Drummond Race Cars I think.

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pics,
that thing looks pretty cool. I like that it has the stock seats in it. That is one of the things I have to contend with. Well, there is no doubt it's gonna fit. It's just going to be a little tight gettin in there.

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
wow....Verne Troyer looks like the only person that could get in there...comfortably. I know my 6' 4 ass can't

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't have a door open picture, but will get you one if you want. NHRA certified. It is tight, no doubt about that, but I still have all the factory stuff inside. The dash is cut to allow the bars to go down the side.

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't have a door open picture, but will get you one if you want. NHRA certified. It is tight, no doubt about that, but I still have all the factory stuff inside. The dash is cut to allow the bars to go down the side.

Man, that looks great. Yes, if you could get me a pic with the door open that would be very helpful. Especially if you could get me a pic of how the main hoop ties into the factory frame. I am debating between a couple different ideas.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts