Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,172 Posts
I'm a do more with less kind of guy. Would love to beat V8s with 2 less cylinders! The 200# lighter sent me down the rabbit hole, lol.
Carparts.com has them from 2500-5000 bucks 😳. For a pull out.
I have about 4k in my L33 sbe. 1800 for the pull out. The rest in peripherals. I spent some money on things most would need, sfi flex plate, and an up graded shaft rocker system.
Idk if the weight saving would be an advantage, as opposed to just making more power with an aluminum V8 to make up for the weight?

be safe, schick

· Registered
4,924 Posts
The LV3 is Gen 5 (LT) based and is a Direct Injection engine.
I have been following this engine for a while and I am glad to see that Scoggin Dickey is working on parts for them.

I would love to find another junker C4 Corvette and turbo one of these LV3s. Seems like their would be ample room for everything with it being so much shorter.

What I have read in the past year is that they are limited to mid 400s at the wheel with boost because of the high pressure pump limitations. I believe SD is working on a port injection manifold but I haven't seen any updates or anything else on it in the past 6+ months. I read that the other Gen 5 high pressure pumps don't fit but I really have no idea about that.

I find the new LB3 2.7 turbo engine to be fascinating too but that was until I read they are on 22+ lbs of boost stock to make their numbers. So I don't know how much more you could squeeze out of them. But heck, lots of guys pounding little 4 bangers with 40-50+ psi and the LB3 is an all forged rotating assembly I believe.

· Registered
9,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The LV3 is Gen 5 (LT) based and is a Direct Injection engine.
I have been following this engine for a while and I am glad to see that Scoggin Dickey is working on parts for them.

I would love to find another junker C4 Corvette and turbo one of these LV3s. Seems like their would be ample room for everything with it being so much shorter.

What I have read in the past year is that they are limited to mid 400s at the wheel with boost because of the high pressure pump limitations. I believe SD is working on a port injection manifold but I haven't seen any updates or anything else on it in the past 6+ months. I read that the other Gen 5 high pressure pumps don't fit but I really have no idea about that.

I find the new LB3 2.7 turbo engine to be fascinating too but that was until I read they are on 22+ lbs of boost stock to make their numbers. So I don't know how much more you could squeeze out of them. But heck, lots of guys pounding little 4 bangers with 40-50+ psi and the LB3 is an all forged rotating assembly I believe.
I see they deleted it on their dyno tests. They do have a sound......kind of a bad one. LOL.

· Registered
623 Posts
Here is good video to see what a twin turbo LV3 is like in a Cayman.... makes 600rwhp on 93 octane. He is shooting for 800rwhp on race gas. Converted to port injection running a modified BTR intake manifold.

· ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,582 Posts
I've thought about boosting one in the past seeing all the clean 2wd short bed trucks up here in mass have the 4.3s..the v8s all been used for plowing an are rotted out.

There's a couple YouTube vids of them boosted...there's a clean gmc blue short bed one that makes good power. If I remember once I'm off work I'll try to find it.. I know most go to a marine intake for them if going boosted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts