Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Maderator
16,251 Posts
http://fuelab.com/ i recommend fuelab imho. i have never used the sx stuff but fuelab is about as good as it gets in the fuel pump industry, tell them you heard about them on yellow bullet and that David Hearn sent you. thanks and good luck

·
Back to the front!
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I went to their site and it lists them all as efi pumps...sounds similar to using a walbro pump, and those walbro's have not fared well in low fuel pressure applications i.e. carb from what i remember...are you currently using one of these?

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
i had two sx years ago
they both worked grate
good after sale service
i still have them , they just need to rebuild
i swithed to weldon pumps
but i never had a problem with sx

·
Registered
17,920 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had 3 SX pumps. I just sold one that was 10+ years old and still working great. The other two I still own and no problems. Ever. All were purchased new direct from Essex. Very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had a SX when I had a 383 with a wet direct port nitrous system and the SX worked just fine with no issues other than that damn cavatation problem. I guess it worked to good.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I ran their large efi pump for 3 years and then another 3 years on my blow thru e85 system. Best quality pumps I have ever seen. SX pumps are the only pumps that I have heard of or found that the US military uses on their vehicles and in their fighter jets. As long as you follow the line size and pump mounting directions, cavitation should not be an issue.

·
Back to the front!
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this is good info guys! thanks! I think I will stick with SX stuff. Looking to run a mild motor on a bit of spray, one of these should be enough I would think if guys can do it with holley blues

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
They work great, but I wouldn't trust them over 750hp. I ran one of them years ago on my sbf with a plate unit. We put a blower setup on my buddy's car (360", vic jr heads, J trim Mondo) we ran two of them and ran bottom 9's with it, never had any fuel issues.

·
Back to the front!
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They work great, but I wouldn't trust them over 750hp. I ran one of them years ago on my sbf with a plate unit. We put a blower setup on my buddy's car (360", vic jr heads, J trim Mondo) we ran two of them and ran bottom 9's with it, never had any fuel issues.
I originally saw you say you had used them in an older post, which i then decided to check them out

do you think the pump I listed in my original post at the top would be enough for a 400hp motor with a small 150 hit at most?

·
25,123 Posts
I originally saw you say you had used them in an older post, which i then decided to check them out

do you think the pump I listed in my original post at the top would be enough for a 400hp motor with a small 150 hit at most?
Not sure, but definitely don't dead head.

I ran a single SX on my car with the fuel injected 302, twisted wedge heads, x-303 cam, GT40 intake. It ran 11.80's n/a and 10.60's on nitrous and I ran one pump.

Used the same pump on my other car with a carb and a 302 with victor jr heads and a 150 shot and that ran 10.20's

-10 feed line, -8 return line with a Mallory 4309 return style regulator.
this is the one I used -

·
25,123 Posts
Personally, if you were going to run that pump, I would get a holley blue or some sort of other fuel pump to run only the nitrous.

you can try it, just keep an eye on your fuel pressure regulator and see how much the pressure drops when you hit it. Not sure if that pump can recover quick enough to not risk hurting something.

·
Back to the front!
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Personally, if you were going to run that pump, I would get a holley blue or some sort of other fuel pump to run only the nitrous.

you can try it, just keep an eye on your fuel pressure regulator and see how much the pressure drops when you hit it. Not sure if that pump can recover quick enough to not risk hurting something.
well i guess to be on the safe side ill step up to one of their other pumps. Not sure which one is a step above. Ill give them a call and see what they recommend. Havent found many dealers for them though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts