Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy the sv1 dominator alky setup and would like to know good or bad experences with this?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I thought about running the SV1. I really liked the design but my engine builder did not have any experience with these on motors over 540 Cu.In. or did they have track experience just on dyno. There is some debate on the one big butterfly vs four. I race against a guy that uses a one butterfly injection system on a small block. He is very fast and VERY consistent.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on guys need some feed back before i buy this. or should i just buy a carb?

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
buy it, I dont believe Patrick will steer you wrong...
if i had the dough i'd try it...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Bones, If you do buy the SV1 get back on YB and let everyone know how it works. Also what size motor are you going to run it on?

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
I talked to a racer today that had a pro-systems alky dominator on his car that ran 8.68 @159 consistently. The system was tweaked for sure. So, he takes an SV1 out of the box, had to make one call to Patrick for some tuning, then it ran 8.58 @164. A tenth doesn't seem like much, but 5mph sure does. That was on a marginally prepped track, and the air wasn't all that great. The guy is happier than a one-eyed cat in a fish market. Just relating the story to you.

b.t.w., I sold my 2x4 pro-systems alky dominators, and I am considering 2 SV1's for my tunnel ram...

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
I talked to a racer today that had a pro-systems alky dominator on his car that ran 8.68 @159 consistently. The system was tweaked for sure. So, he takes an SV1 out of the box, had to make one call to Patrick for some tuning, then it ran 8.58 @164. A tenth doesn't seem like much, but 5mph sure does. That was on a marginally prepped track, and the air wasn't all that great. The guy is happier than a one-eyed cat in a fish market. Just relating the story to you.

b.t.w., I sold my 2x4 pro-systems alky dominators, and I am considering 2 SV1's for my tunnel ram...
So depending on the weight he picked up 80 to 120 hp? Not bad.

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
I think he told me the car weighs about 2350lbs with him in it and it's got a pretty large engine, as I recall 598". I don't think they have to run it too hard to make the front of the field....

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
I think he told me the car weighs about 2350lbs with him in it and it's got a pretty large engine, as I recall 598". I don't think they have to run it too hard to make the front of the field....
Ok so around 50hp. Still not bad for a carb swap.;)

·
A Senior Member
3,157 Posts
Any recent results on this topic since May?
We have been thinking of switching to methanol over the winter. Trying to decide between an alky carburetor or mechanical fuel injection like a Rons toilet.
Any input would be great.
Thanks

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
Ron's flying toilets seem to work pretty well for some guys around here and they only have one venturi....I know where the fuel is actually injected into the engine is different, but could it possibly be as consistent as a toilet?

·
A Senior Member
3,157 Posts
Anyone try it this year?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Denn,I posted this before i bought the enderle inj.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
50 hp with a carb change that was working that good?shit we better all go out and buy 1 before there all gone. summer is over lets here all the stories about this carb the sv-1.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts