Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a V20 series head unit with no id tag. It is supposed to be new and looks good but spinning it by hand it is far louder than any other centrifugal I have seen. Vortech won't touch it do to the missing tag as I was going to have them inspect it. If any of you guys run one of these how noisy are they spinning them by hand? Thanks in advance.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,350 Posts
THEY MAKE A LITTLE NOISE FROM THE GEARS...AND GET LOUDER WITH RPM...IF THERES NO SLOP IN THE BEARINGS...RUN IT... :)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the replys. Visually it looks great. It could pass as a new one. I know the gear backlash will make some noise and this one is pretty noisy. The only thing that concerns me is when I spin the pulley by hand it will hit a slight tight spot in the rotation. It does it in the same place spinning it in either direction. I would post a video but I never got as far as being able to post a damn pic.

·
Registered
18,316 Posts
If it isn’t excessively loose or touch down , run it.

You’ll know in 1 minute if it needs attention. There will be metal sounds not straight cut gear sounds immediately followed by copious amounts of curse werds.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Do you have an inter cooler? If not whatever makes it past the throttle body should get chewed up by the intake valves enough to get blown out the exhaust ;)

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I’d be more concerned with paying for a unit with no tag and having it need to be rebuilt/serviced some day. I can only think of one reason to remove a data plate on something like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts