Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Revolution Is My Name
20,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The class I race in has new rules that allow SB's a 82N jet and BB's a 70N jet. Also a -4 line.

I normally run lower pressures on the nitrous side 850-900. When you run higher pressures do you actually get more flow? And what is the highest nitrous pressure you can run if it does help.

I know at higher pressures it tends to damage plungers.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
The class I race in has new rules that allow SB's a 82N jet and BB's a 70N jet. Also a -4 line.

I normally run lower pressures on the nitrous side 850-900. When you run higher pressures do you actually get more flow? And what is the highest nitrous pressure you can run if it does help.

I know at higher pressures it tends to damage plungers.

Thanks for your input!

When I was in a jet limted class, there was no -4 line restriction...but I always like to run between 900 and 950 on nitrous pressure. Seemed to drop almost none in the 1/8 mile.

·
nightmare on any street..
5,033 Posts
I am running 275 Real Street here in NC this year. We are a jet limited class with a -4 feedline and 1 bottle. We have to run a .082 on a single N20 Jet, 57's on cross car, 35's on double cross bar, .026 on a fogger.

I changed my mind about 50 times on which kit to run. I had a IS Double cross bar but had to many clearence issues. You have to have a spacer between the plate and carb. i have a stock hood. Now I have a fogger, which is coming off the car as we speak in favor or an IS Real Street setup....

Like z289sec said, we see very little bottle pressure drop. On the fogger I would run around 1050...By the time I purge the motor 2 times, and purge kit 1-2 times, its town to 975 or so....

·
Revolution Is My Name
20,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running 275 Real Street here in NC this year. We are a jet limited class with a -4 feedline and 1 bottle. We have to run a .082 on a single N20 Jet, 57's on cross car, 35's on double cross bar, .026 on a fogger.

I changed my mind about 50 times on which kit to run. I had a IS Double cross bar but had to many clearence issues. You have to have a spacer between the plate and carb. i have a stock hood. Now I have a fogger, which is coming off the car as we speak in favor or an IS Real Street setup....

Like z289sec said, we see very little bottle pressure drop. On the fogger I would run around 1050...By the time I purge the motor 2 times, and purge kit 1-2 times, its town to 975 or so....
I'm running a NOS crossbar but will be using only one bar for this class.

·
Registered
573 Posts
the track were I race has their own mean street class that is restricted to a .093 oriface size for the nitrous and a max of a 750 cfm carb/Fi induction.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Are you allowed to run a 15lbs bottle? if so run the bottle at 30-31lbs and heat it to 950psi most power and with very little psi drop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts