Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
43,500 Posts
A few years back, the National Corvette Restorers Society, hooked up with GM Heritage and was offering, for $50, a chance to send in your VIN and get the info I mentioned in my last post. Previously a NICB (National Insurance Crime Bureau} report was the only way to get that and it was usually though a law enforcement agency.

I did that with a cop friend and my car came back with a dealer in New Hampshire. After exhausting every way to try to locate the original owner in New Hampshire, I gave up. When the Corvette club offered that service, I figured I'd do it, and at least I'd have actual paperwork stating the info which I did not get when the cop ran it for me. Low and behold, when I got it in the mail, it showed me a dealer in Tennessee. I searched and ran ads, and eventually someone who remembered the car, and the dealership, who happened to be a retired private investigator, took on the task of locating the original owner,....and the rest is history....lol.

I think I have the link to that site at home on my computer so I'll post it as soon as I can.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts