Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a long shot but......This is going back quite some time in 70's for sure. My Dad used to own a 68' Chevelle SS 396 it had a crazy iced blue custom paint job on it with a tunnel ram and velocity stacks. From what I remember him telling me he sold it to the speed shop in the late 70's to a Larry Bova I guess he owned Quarter Mile Speed Shop? Does anybody remember this place or is in contact with Larry? I'm trying to track this car down if it is still even around I know it would mean the world to him. Any help is appreciated guys!!!

·
Super Moderator
49,538 Posts
That's an honorable thing to do for your father. I hope someone on here can help and a sure hope you can locate it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an honorable thing to do for your father. I hope someone on here can help and a sure hope you can locate it.
Thank you I'm hoping I can find it too. Last I remember my dad and I were watching nhra on tv one Saturday morning in the late 90's and saw the car he recognized Larry's name and he flipped out!! the car had been repainted like a hugger orange and still had the black vinyl top he was so excited for it to still be around.

·
Super Moderator
45,218 Posts
I'm not on Facebook but it seems that's the place to go when tracking down people nowadays.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I havent had any luck tracking the car down hopefully someone on here remembers Quarter Mile Speed Shop and can point me in the right direction. Still would like to find it for him

·
Super Moderator
49,538 Posts
It took me almost 2 years to come up with the owner of a car I was tracking down.

Patients is a virtue as these things can take time. Keep up the fight.

·
Senior Moment
6,846 Posts
...there's a John Bova from the Syracuse area that does 8.50 index, small tire stuff. Long shot, I know, but may be related/know of.....good luck

·
Registered
27,890 Posts
Check here with a member by the name BFLY. He’s around 93 years old and will know if there was ever a speed shop in Chicago area in the last century.

·
Regulator
35,123 Posts
Nope! But I know Some people down that way I can ask!

·
Aviation Section
24,820 Posts
Get over to the Pro Mod section and PM Tony Christian, he is a lot nicer then his reputation and worked a Speed Shop back in the day and drove their Hemi Wagon from what I remember and knows everyone, maybe he can help.

Dave

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just an idea. Look up lost muscle cars on f/b. I posted on craigslist looking for my old lost 69 Amx. I somehow was connected up to a guy that ran that facebook page. He then connected me to the current owner of my old Amx. Its worth a shot? For me this was a few years ago...and I dont have f/b? Somehow it worked good luck!!

·
Super Moderator
45,218 Posts
It took me almost 2 years to come up with the owner of a car I was tracking down.

Patients is a virtue as these things can take time. Keep up the fight.
Took me 36 years to find the original owner of my 68 Z28. But I did,..(thank God he was still alive...lol).

·
Super Moderator
49,538 Posts
Took me 36 years to find the original owner of my 68 Z28. But I did,..(thank God he was still alive...lol).
Yeah, that's the problem a buddy of mine is running into on his Yenko Stinger. Original owner died and trying to find a surviving family member has been a bitch. I think he's going on 6 years of searching.

·
Super Moderator
45,218 Posts
Yeah, that's the problem a buddy of mine is running into on his Yenko Stinger. Original owner died and trying to find a surviving family member has been a bitch. I think he's going on 6 years of searching.
Bob Johnson always bought brand new Scuncio cars and turned them into drag cars. He was running 12 or so at one time. Mine was the only car that wasn't a brand new one from there, but was instead a car he took in trade in 1971. So that's how I began the search. It was deep. Took out ads in Craigslist Wanted section in NH first, where a NICB report said my car was originally from,...then I got a conflicting report when I had the car run through the GM Heritage deal where they'd decode the car and give you a shipping date and what dealer it came from. Turns out it was originally sold in Tennessee. That's where I found the owner.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
call jim at 815 727 6331, he still has WINNER CIRCLE speed SHOP joliet,good chance he knows something

QUOTE="FRANKTHECRANK, post: 71926120, member: 55634"]
Bob Johnson always bought brand new Scuncio cars and turned them into drag cars. He was running 12 or so at one time. Mine was the only car that wasn't a brand new one from there, but was instead a car he took in trade in 1971. So that's how I began the search. It was deep. Took out ads in Craigslist Wanted section in NH first, where a NICB report said my car was originally from,...then I got a conflicting report when I had the car run through the GM Heritage deal where they'd decode the car and give you a shipping date and what dealer it came from. Turns out it was originally sold in Tennessee. That's where I found the owner.
[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
49,538 Posts
I thought only Canadian Chevys can be documented through GM?

·
Super Moderator
45,218 Posts
I thought only Canadian Chevys can be documented through GM?
That's true, but if you give them any GM vin, they can give you those limited details. Shipping date, dealer zone code, and dealer name and location.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts