Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never raced there and was wondering what it was like. Our AMC race is going to be there for the first time.
How is the track and the track prep?

http://www.capitolraceway.com/index.htm

Any thoughts are appreciated.

-Ann

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Good luck, on the radial nights the track prep isnt much. Capitol is a big tire bracket track. Left lane is usually the better side. Oh and if its a windy day your car will get sand blasted coming down return road from the sand and gravel company that is right next to the track.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
If this is the car I am thinking of I am not sure it will be "fine". I have a hard time hooking on motor and then I have to spray it, and my car isnt anywhere near as fast.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Bring a bunch of orange cones and build a perimeter around your rig.
Otherwise some asshat will park right behind your trailer with a mini-van,set his car alarm,and walk away.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Bring a bunch of orange cones and build a perimeter around your rig.
Otherwise some asshat will park right behind your trailer with a mini-van,set his car alarm,and walk away.
Or bring a jack and move there shit. By the way I am on my way up with the box.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Leave a security guy at your trailer when you run.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've been racing there for over 25 years, I've left stuff out all the time unattended and Never had Anything come-up missing...

I agree that the track and pits do need a little TCL and I wish Jim & Kim would put some money back into the place:(

I do have a ? does NE1 know what the hell that huge metal thing iz at the end of the track? I was told it was a toll plaza???

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've been racing there for over 25 years, I've left stuff out all the time unattended and Never had Anything come-up missing...

I agree that the track and pits do need a little TCL and I wish Jim & Kim would put some money back into the place:(

I do have a ? does NE1 know what the hell that huge metal thing iz at the end of the track? I was told it was a toll plaza???

You mean the time boards that are half working at best?

·
Registered
53 Posts
It’s ok, the few times I have raced there it took them a long time to run the cars. The pits are all asphalt , I have ran some of my best ET’s there. It sucks during the summer time because they have no trees to get out of the sun.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
You mean the time boards that are half working at best?

LOL, no Dennis, its a huge metal structure at the end, you drive under it just before the last turn off think someone told me it was a tool booth or toll plaza???
looks like an oil fueling rig for tanker trucks tome....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts