Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, is there anybody that know's Dave Selvig/Selveg? I know this is the N/A section but there are alot of engine machinists/engine builders here on this forum. Wondering if anybody has run across him as of late. Used to work with Dave at Tony and Andy Mannarino's shop in 87 in Redford, MI. Very sharp machinist and engine builder. Worked at Kinetic racing engines in Westland, MI for a while. Then went down south on a nascar team I think. Last time I heard about him. Lost track of him. Thanks for any info on him. Jeff klei.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Guys, is there anybody that know's Dave Selvig/Selveg? I know this is the N/A section but there are alot of engine machinists/engine builders here on this forum. Wondering if anybody has run across him as of late. Used to work with Dave at Tony and Andy Mannarino's shop in 87 in Redford, MI. Very sharp machinist and engine builder. Worked at Kinetic racing engines in Westland, MI for a while. Then went down south on a nascar team I think. Last time I heard about him. Lost track of him. Thanks for any info on him. Jeff klei.
Is Mannarino's shop still there? Wow, what a blast from the past. I rememeber Maskin using Andy's Dyno back 89-90ish.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, sold the shop long ago. I know Paul Hoskins is working at Edwards shop now. Don't know where Dave is. I worked with both these guys. Along with Andy and Tony I leaned a lot back then in a short amount of time. Very good guys. P.S. Rick sent a P.M. to you.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Wasn't Dave pretty tight with Marty Sloan. I'd try to track Marty down.

I met Dave long time ago when he built a 600 inch BBF T/S engine that Marty drove in Kenny Baska T-Bird. It was built with some of the left over engine parts from the Popeye's off shore boat. Engine maid pretty good power,, over 4 digits back then.

Ron

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave built Marty's pontiac engine that he bracket raced. That name I forgot about. He was one of many who hung around at the shop. Lot's of after hrs machining, building and dyno time happening. Thanks Ron, I should have thought of him but did not. Popeye's boat, I think Kinetic was doing there engines for a while? It's been so long I forget.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts