Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to a show over the weekend. I was looking to trade/sell my Mossburg 51M for something smaller for my 5 year old. Traded it for a Synthetic Crickett with a scope. Anyway, while walking, some old Ukranian guy had an old Browning on the table. I've never seen a Lyman shotgun compensator/choke tube before. He had 2 screw on chokes, and the gun was mint. Anyway, got it for a song. Took it home. The numbers all match.. It's a 1970 A5. I wish it was a Light Twelve, but I love this gun. The 12 gauge my dad gave me when I was 14 has long lost it's original Belgium barrel to a Japanese slug barrel. The forgrip is cracked. It's got a lot of deer seasons on it. This new one looks killer. The blueing looks mint. I'm really excited. In the day and age of Tactical shotguns, I think the bread and butter A5 is still a great gun. I still want a tactical Remington, though.. Thanks for reading.

Oh, I also found a nice Belgium 12 gauge barrel there. But I saw it was 3" when I got it home. Both of mine are 2 3/4.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I've got a belgium made sweet 16.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
My 16 is a beautiful gun but it kicks like a damn mule especially for a 16 ga.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, no box. I took it aprt, super clean. I don't even need to oil or anything. This thing is perfect. This will be mine, and in 10 years I'll hand down my dads to jr. It does kick. My original one has the butt absorber, but this thing is stock with the plastic Browning butt plate.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I have a 1928 A-5 12 ga still my favorite field gun

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
only if you are wimpy:p
The shooter has nothing to do with the fact that it kicks harder than any 12 ga 2 3/4'' shells I've ever shot in any 12 ga. gun.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
So now guns go off on there own? No shooter involved? Maybe if said shooter knew how to properly shoulder the gun it wouldn't kick.;):p
Problems with our reading comprehension again today?

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Never tried that. Don't want to.
I am 48 and have been hunting and into guns my entire life.. I have bruised my shoulder twice in my life.. the first time was with a 7 mag after putting 50 or so rounds through it I got sloppy and let it ride up on the shoulder.. the 2nd time was a year ago with a Model 11 (Remington version of A5) where I decided to see how fast I could empty the tube.. don't try it..lol.

MPK

·
Friendly Shit Stirrer
17,285 Posts
The shooter has nothing to do with the fact that it kicks harder than any 12 ga 2 3/4'' shells I've ever shot in any 12 ga. gun.

Did you flunk H.S. Physics?
1 A 16 ga shell has a max pay load of 3 1/4 drs of powder 1 1/8 of shot. The older shells were 1 1/4 shot

2 A 12 ga short mag shell is 3 3/4 drs powder 1 1/2 oz of shot.

3 Ok Einstein tell me how a slower shell with a lighter pay load kicks harder than a faster shell with a heaver pay load.

4 hoosierdaddy,you are one dense MF

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Did you flunk H.S. Physics?
1 A 16 ga shell has a max pay load of 3 1/4 drs of powder 1 1/8 of shot. The older shells were 1 1/4 shot

2 A 12 ga short mag shell is 3 3/4 drs powder 1 1/2 oz of shot.

3 Ok Einstein tell me how a slower shell with a lighter pay load kicks harder than a faster shell with a heaver pay load.

4 hoosierdaddy,you are one dense MF
LMAO! :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a Belgium sweet 16. Only shot it once about 5 years ago and now it just sits pretty in the safe. By far my best looking gun.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts