Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
Should be a hell of a show, this race has been running a year longer than the u.s. nationals. I went to Eddyville yesterday for world fuel altered nationals, Mr. Gardner and crew know how to put on a good show. Heres the flyer. http://cordovadrag.com/2008/events/08-ws-flyer.pdf
I had gone back in the 90's..great old time booked in type show!!
Makes me yearn for the match race days!!

some footage from then
http://media.putfile.com/Cordova-ps--97-1

http://media.putfile.com/Cordova-ps--97-2

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Cordova is one beautiful place..been since '97 since i was there and forgot..glad i brought the camera this time
I see my dad and I ended up in a few of your shots. :D If you look at the top left of your photo we're in the top row at the very corner of the stands (same spot every year almost without exception), my dad in a dark shirt and shorts and me in a grey tank top and khaki shorts.

Like always it was a great time and a bunch of great racing. I also got to meet several guys that post over at Nitromater while I was there. My mom and dad took me to my first World Series in 1971 when I was just a little over 2 months old. My dad has been going since 1964 I believe when he was running his '62 Impala SS 409/409 back then. I missed 5 World Series' while I was living out in Portland, Oregon and the one thing I really wanted to do since moving back to Cedar Rapids was go to the World Series again.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Great place to race . We were there with the Jack Daniels car and sold over 100 cases of JD country cocktails....By the way purple66 you must be bad luck 2 of the cars in your pictures wrecked in the next 2 days. The CRABBY'S vette hit the guard rail on Sunday morn(minor damage) and one of the aa altereds had a bad one on Sat.

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
Great place to race . We were there with the Jack Daniels car and sold over 100 cases of JD country cocktails....By the way purple66 you must be bad luck 2 of the cars in your pictures wrecked in the next 2 days. The CRABBY'S vette hit the guard rail on Sunday morn(minor damage) and one of the aa altereds had a bad one on Sat.
Hey now im not bad luck..lol that aa that crashed sat was a bad deal..that pic of it was on the pass he crashed...too bad about the vette that was one nice piece

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
That 'Vette was absolutley beautiful, sad to hear it got dinged up a little. Cannonball's fuel altered wreck was very scary to watch. I was expecting the worst when I saw how hard he hit the left wall and then the car continued down the track. Rapid Randy's wall smack in the Nanook altered was pretty darn violent too.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Great pics! I see they have continued to make improvements to the place since I was last there in '01. I used to love running the Series, even though I knew more than likely I was gonna lose my ass financially.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.