Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone else out there has had any issues with Callies crankshafts and keeping a reluctor wheel together?

I know there was some issues in the past but I mean recently.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
Should always get the billet one now that it is available.

We had one come apart, caught it before it hurt anything.
Then we had Billy put a couple spot welds on the next one to try and keep it together. (that one never split)
Now we have the billet one peice.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just curious if anyone else out there has had any issues with Callies crankshafts and keeping a reluctor wheel together?

I know there was some issues in the past but I mean recently.

Thanks
I think it is the GM reluctors that are having issues. I have had trouble installing 24x reluctors on GM cranks.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
gm changed suppliers after the production engines ended. the new ones suck. come apart or spin. Mine spun
callies fixed it and polished the crank but wouldnt weld it. Had it welded together and tacked to the crank

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
had one come loose, well 2 but was only customer dyno tune. tack weld them all now. Fun times a few years ago a new setup at newera getting tuned and having cranking and timing issues finding the wheel was loose/moving, not LS but a 39x cube hemi SRT8. probally the worst modern domestic performance thing to work on. longtubes.. everything sucks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm pretty sure Callie's welds
All of them.

I had issues losing crank signal because the run out was poor, and the car would die, but that was 10 years ago, and a stock ecu.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Callie's said they wouldnt weld. Got my crank in spring of 12. Sent it back dec 12. They had it awhile. Replaced the reluctor and polished crank . Had to have machine shop tack it together and to the crank. They didn't have any billets when they did it

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've had this problem with Callies stuff more than a handful of times. Its not even worth the phone call anymore. Every crank I use gets the stock 24x wheel tigged together and then tigged to the crank. They are machining to much off the back of the cranks and the reluctor doesn't have a full pad to ride on. Which splits it or makes it come off at high RPM.

·
Registered
357 Posts
No problems after welding..

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The guy that bought my old 2005 GTO had the reluctor wheel come loose on the Compstar crank.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had a billet 24x wheel installed on my eagle crank after the stock one was starting to come apart, lucky i hurt a piston and decided to freshen it up, seen the wheels starting to separate... replaced it.

new motor I went 58x wheel, and had it tack welded on to ensure no problems, being as I am spinning this one to almost 9k.....

·
Registered
998 Posts
I went with a billet one on my new motor. Better safe then sorry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts