Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need these two pieces to use to mount my relay boxes up under the dash, anybody got a pair laying around I can buy?

Let me know if you have them, thanks!

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
I'll take a look Monday, I'm pretty sure we have something.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How bad of a PITA was it to relocate?
The only pain in the ass is going to be extending the headlights and fans harness. Put the computer behind the dash on the a/c delete panel and looks like the engine harness will reach just fine. Of course I'm doing all of this with the dash, pedals, and steering column out of the car, so it's all wide open and easy to work with, would be much more of a pain in the ass with everything in the car still.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
you have any pics of what ahve to done so far devon? I just got a spare body, and front end harness I'm going to simple up. I might have thouse my the fuses still I'll look.

I forgot about moving the PCM to inside, this would be the time to do that. I thought about then putting the lightweight battery kinda were the PCM was, aginst were the hood hidge was. Move some weight back, but still keep the battery simple.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't done much yet, but i'll take some pics tomorrow, just mounted the computer, my inside harness i've already gone through and trimmed out a long time ago, the engine harness i've trimmed a little bit, but I need to get a motor in the car (I think I may throw the stock 6.0L shortblock I have in with my old heads on it for now and build everything around it, the fuel system, the turbo kit and all that and run it with the stock motor while I build an lsx block motor instead of building this 6.0 I have and then end up building an lsx later anyways) and connect everything back up and then anything not connected I can trim out from the engine harness, I will probably mount the fuse boxes and extend the lights and fan harness next week after I get those pieces I need to mount them.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a couple of pics:

The little hole right in the middle of the firewall where one of the dash bolts used to go I'm going to open up with a hole saw big enough to fit the PCM connectors through and then all the engine harness wiring will come out of it which is right behind the intake and then the headlight and fan harnesses I will run through the framerail up to the front like my buddy steve did, it came out really clean on his car!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have them if billyman don't hook you up. I rewired mine with a painless kit when I put the distributor and carb on it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any ideas on where to mount the computer if I wanted to keep heat and ac?
Yeah, my buddy steve just did it on my buddy joe's car, take the stock mount and bolt it to the firewall wherever u want so that it angles under and the computer will slide right in. I'll try and find a pic for u, he has one on ls1tech.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have them if billyman don't hook you up. I rewired mine with a painless kit when I put the distributor and carb on it.

How much u want for them, if you have them I could just grab them from you, no need to bother billyman during his busy day to make him look for a set if u got 'em and know where they are.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice clean engine bay

Thanks man, that's what I'm shooting for, trying to clean things up this go round. Going to put interior panels and carpet back in too, tired of everyone messing with me about it being a tin can, haha.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh shit, I don't know dude. $25, you can drop them in one of those flat rate boxes at the post office that are only $4.95 so that would be $20 in your pocket for 'em, is that good?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That looks good. I'd like to do that but idk if I have the patience lol

I wouldn't either if the car wasn't down and in the middle of a build, I always do these kind of things when it's down for extended periods, only time I have the patience to just go ahead and do it and take my time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts