Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
For that price and the buying power Summit has they could also be Borg-Warner's as well. However "Built In North America" and Made In North America" can be two totally different things.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's the little things that bother me...looks a little rough. Wondering what else would need a thorough "cleanup"? :unsure:

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's a white box borg turbo. Summit's HDR pushrods are Trend, Pro LS pistons are wiseco, Pro LS rods K1.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought one out to check out and look over, i dont see any markings on it anywhere. it looks pretty nice honestly, its got .030" play in the shaft out of the box

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
i bought one out to check out and look over, i dont see any markings on it anywhere. it looks pretty nice honestly, its got .030" play in the shaft out of the box
.030" in what direction?? It is a journal bearing turbo, as long as that isn't end play its normal in journal bearing turbos.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,555 Posts
them are legit borgs. vs racing an pulsar are just china clone dealers..

type 171702 s400 turbo on ebay an youll find the china clones of the borg s475 above for around $380 new an shipped..you can find the billet s488 turbos for about $750,$800 if u want a t4 or t6 1.58 a/r

type in billet t76 or t78 if u want to find the billet gen 1 7665s or 7875s..they run around $270 an have a wide range of a/r's

an like said alot of summit brand stuff is just other brands..their drag shocks are competition engineering,valve train stuff alot was tfs,some rockers scorpion.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's the same price as a cast s475 from a good vendor. I've never used him but always heard good things about Jose at forced inductions. He could tell you all about the upgrades and sell you at the same price as summit, whose techs won't know much at all about upgrading it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts