Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16,154 Posts
Seen on a few forums talk about this tranny, gforce makes a gearset that makes this tranny handle big power. I've seen that the gearset itself costs around 1200 bucks or so. Here's a few questions about it. Anybody have any experience with it on big hp cars? Can this tranny be faceplated? This will be going on my car as a winter project possibly so has anyone used it on a Windsor type engine with the adapter plate? Any idea what the adapter plate costs? Can I just simply bolt it in place of my tko600? If this is a good option for me I will be getting a core 3650 and having that built. My goal here is to have a tranny that I don't have to worry about exploding on me like the tko did lol. Thanks
I broke a shit ton of T5’s, went to tremecs, broke those too, went mighty mite C4, life is good! No broken clutches, no broken driveshafts/U joints, no broken input shafts, no broken output shafts, no broken 3rd gear, no broken counter shafts......

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you have to much base pressure and / or counter-weight on a stick car....you will break everything behind the clutch. Some get it figured out and some abandon ship and put an automatic in. But if I went 150 MPH and couldn’t run deep into the 8’s, I’d be embarrassed.

On another note...have you looked at the 4-speed offered by Johnny Hightower?
http://hightowerracingtransmissions.com/Hightower 4-speed page 2014.html

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
With the abuse a stock T-56 magnum can handle, that is what i would be putting into most big power combinations. John Puckett just went 8.9x on dragweek with a stock magnum at over 3300 lbs. Pretty amazing. If it is a NA combo i would want something that i could pick ratios though. The gear splits in the tremec stuff are pretty ugly without a power adder.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If you have to much base pressure and / or counter-weight on a stick car....you will break everything behind the clutch. Some get it figured out and some abandon ship and put an automatic in. But if I went 150 MPH and couldn’t run deep into the 8’s, I’d be embarrassed.

On another note...have you looked at the 4-speed offered by Johnny Hightower?
http://hightowerracingtransmissions.com/Hightower 4-speed page 2014.html
Like my engine builder(also a stick racer) says....

It's not for everyone....lol

·
Registered
520 Posts
With the abuse a stock T-56 magnum can handle, that is what i would be putting into most big power combinations. John Puckett just went 8.9x on dragweek with a stock magnum at over 3300 lbs. Pretty amazing. If it is a NA combo i would want something that i could pick ratios though. The gear splits in the tremec stuff are pretty ugly without a power adder.
The T56 Magnum with 2.66 has pretty close gearing for n/a and forced induction cars. They will handle 1000rwhp without breaking a sweat from my experience. The 2.97 version has awful gear spreads.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That 2.66 first really sucks though. I agree that the gear splits with the 2.97 boxes is terrible for NA stuff, or low power nitrous stuff. But the guys making big steam with the 2.97 first gear transmissions are doing ok with them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well I just picked a 3650 from Bob Hanlon. I will say this the man is a pleasure to deal with. Many companies out there could learn a thing from him. I called a few other companies that deal with these transmissions and Bob answered all my questions and never made me feel rushed. He did everything to this transmission Except the G-force gear set. He Reassured me I didn’t need it for my power level, hopefully 700hp. I didn’t think so either. Other companies were trying to sell me the kit and not listening to a world I was saying. He has earned a client for life. I will report back when finally get car going. The 3650 is a great transmission after you update it. A lot of you guys are mentioning the T56 magnum, that thing is a mile long and probably doesn’t fit many stock tunnels.

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Met Bob once years ago at Atco when NMRA ran there IIRC I got the impression he was a solid dude and have only heard good things about him.

good luck with it Manny

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Well I just picked a 3650 from Bob Hanlon. I will say this the man is a pleasure to deal with. Many companies out there could learn a thing from him. I called a few other companies that deal with these transmissions and Bob answered all my questions and never made me feel rushed. He did everything to this transmission Except the G-force gear set. He Reassured me I didn’t need it for my power level, hopefully 700hp. I didn’t think so either. Other companies were trying to sell me the kit and not listening to a world I was saying. He has earned a client for life. I will report back when finally get car going. The 3650 is a great transmission after you update it. A lot of you guys are mentioning the T56 magnum, that thing is a mile long and probably doesn’t fit many stock tunnels.
Bob's a good dude & super-sharp. You'll be happy with him.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts