1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
what happened there chuck?

·
Homer
2,180 Posts
Randolph's '52 chopped Chevy chassis car, from QC, taking on a '79-81 body style Camaro, I think from 42? I wasn't watching it, so I don't know exactly what happened. This was in round 1 of the $3000 box gamblers race Saturday night. The Camaro got into at least 1 guardrail.

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from what i heard the camaro went upside down over top of the 52 and hit the roof of the 52

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I heard the car was running 8.40's!!! Is that legal without a funny car cage on a mild steel chassis/cage?

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I found the problem!!! Look at the name on the window!!!! Mike Jones.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
That thing is used up bad. 8.50 is all it's legal for without a FC cage. It would also need the X bars in the floors and gussets on the main cage that I don't see. Hope the guy got out OK.

·
Registered
751 Posts
wow that sucks... glad he is ok.

how did the wall fare? what happened?

·
Registered
169 Posts
wow that sucks... glad he is ok.

how did the wall fare? what happened?
The wall was fine. It kept him on track like out was supposed too. They decided to stop racing for the remainder of that evening and resumed the next morning. From what I have heard, the driver went to pull the chutes and moved the wheel on accident. I'm not sure if that is 100% true though.

·
Registered
981 Posts
he prolly hit the bump in that left lane the wrong way. and btw...there was defiantly a dent in the roof of the chevy...i dont know how but there was and the paint wasnt messed up on the roof

1 - 20 of 40 Posts