Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going to Leeds/Reading since 2000,seen some amazing bands.

1/ What fests do you go to ?
2/ Who's your fave fest band ? (some of mine are LTJ,NOFX and HedPe)
3/ Who would you most like to see ? (I've never seen Todd Rundgren or Johnny Winter)

·
Gone Camping.
10,613 Posts
Only concert I went to this year was Slayer, Rob Zombie and Exodus. Close enough to a festival for me...:supz::supz::supz:

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,648 Posts
I went to see the Rockstar Music Festival in Dallas the last few years.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The music festivals in Europe are 10 million times better than anything in the states.
Possibly but I'd still like to get to the big Blues/Rock thing in Texas (TxWest ?) and would love to find a big Cajun-Zydeco fest to visit.

Leeds is great,has a good mix of all genre's (NO pop) even a bit of Hip-Hop seen Exhibit,Run DMC and the glorious Jurassic 5.
4 days of music and excess can't be beat,the other big fest's here are too mainstream,I would never go to Glastonbury even if I had a Range Rover and a hamper of champagne I wanna jump about at a fest not sit nodding and stroking my chin.

May go to Poland next year as they have a big 3 day event with top names and an unbeleivable ticket price,less than $50.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I go to electric music festivals. Went to ultra down in miami this year along with electric daisy carnival. I haven't bought my tickets yet for ultra next year and they are already up to $300 for the weekend, might as well get a VIP ticket at $600.

Planning on going to Tomorrow Land over in Brussels. Should be fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7CdTAiaLes

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Wacken, Rock in park, Rock am ring, Bang your head, Donnington. Those right there alone make it better than anything the states ever has.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Just went to the "Shrimp Festival" in Gulf Shores, Alabama last weekend.
Saw Firehouse and Warrant... They actually were both pretty good still!

·
crew member
10,333 Posts
I go to electric music festivals. Went to ultra down in miami this year along with electric daisy carnival. I haven't bought my tickets yet for ultra next year and they are already up to $300 for the weekend, might as well get a VIP ticket at $600.

Planning on going to Tomorrow Land over in Brussels. Should be fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7CdTAiaLes

I go to electric zoo on labor day weekend in New York. Missed it this year and went to the yb nats instead. Really wanted to go to edc in Vegas but didnt have the time or money. Ultra starts on my bday weekend next year and I am hoping to make it for the first time.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I go to electric zoo on labor day weekend in New York. Missed it this year and went to the yb nats instead. Really wanted to go to edc in Vegas but didnt have the time or money. Ultra starts on my bday weekend next year and I am hoping to make it for the first time.
If you end up making it down feel free to hit me up. I went with about 20 people this year and we have about double that going next year. Always room for more. It's a great time.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
I've been going to Leeds/Reading since 2000,seen some amazing bands.

1/ What fests do you go to ?
2/ Who's your fave fest band ? (some of mine are LTJ,NOFX and HedPe)
3/ Who would you most like to see ? (I've never seen Todd Rundgren or Johnny Winter)

NOFX kicks ass!!

Do you listen to Me First and the Gimme Gimmes?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
way tooooo expensive these days, I'd rather watch a concert DVD and twist up a fattie

:drinkers:
Your not wrong about ticket prices,but nothing beats the feel of being in a tent full of 'bump' "Bodycount in the house".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QenJDBmxi1E

Only music and drag racing can give you that feeling.

89notch that Belgian thing looks great I'll check the info on that one,not heard of it before.

millhouse I thought the Lorelei was the best fest in Germany sadly now no more,I watch reruns on WDR and MDR (German TV) with stuff like 'New Bomb Turks',Iggy and George Thorogood it's a class mix.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
NOFX kicks ass!!

Do you listen to Me First and the Gimme Gimmes?
Indeed I do,seen them 3 times,difficult to describe their gigs 'very loose' 'chaotic harmony' no,'ramshackle' yes that's it.

"Spike has a new haircut _ _ _ we call it 'The Lesbian Hitler' ,s'really cool".

People say to me "who ?" so I play them "I believe I can fly" or "Mona Lisa",love the scorching R+R style guitar break.

NOFX have literally changed my life since I 'discovered' them in my mid 40's (I'm 60 now) and a bigger fan than ever.Seen them 8 times (I think),the humour the political savvy and wry observations on life,'love' and drugs really shows a band much deeper than they may appear on the surface.

"I still remember the first time you kissed me,now I want you to fist me"

I could go on for hours but I will close with a quote from El Hefe
(he had just fallen while on stage and was asked 'what do you think you are ?' he replied
" Ea!! I'm like a Chicano van Hallen man !!"

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
I listen to Faction on satelite radio over here...only station that plays them.

I think my fav still is "don't call me white"
I was actually turned onto them in the mid 90's when a buddy saw my Offspring sticker on the windshield of my racecar.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I am what most would call a hippy so I have been to Bonnaroo many times and Wanee twice. Wanee is my favorite. Lot's of New Orleans funk, southern rock and jam bands and the the venue in Florida in the spring is as good as it gets.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts