1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Frank Casey
15 phillip Dr.
Milbury,MA

1 508-865-6613

He has fixed some SBC heads and blocks for me,he stitches the metal together.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Just finished repairing a couple cracked heads about 5 minutes ago.. These heads had bad cracks in the exhaust seat area, could not just cut the crack out and install seats, had to do some repair. On these heads I used "Irontite" repair pins, but I use also use Seal-Lock pins, just depends on the type or repair.

I have been using this method of repair for over 20 years, I think I had one failure in that time. I used to do a lot more of this repair when OE cast iron heads used to crack all the time back in the 90's, now most OE's have went to aluminum, but I have been welding on aluminum heads for about 20 yrs., as well, so I got them both covered. ;)

What kind of heads are these, and where are the cracks, have any pics of the repair that needs to be done?

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I want to see the repair procces!:rolleyes:
You know, I thought about this after I cleaned it up... I gotta get a new digital cam, the one I have sucks! I am gonna get one this weekend so I can post up some of the unusual shit we do here..

I will get the new cam and do a minor repair just to show you the whole process.. I will start a thread about it, and will also post it here. It really is kinda' primitive, but effective and neat to see.

I was fortunate to meet one of the innovators of the process back in the early 90's, he used to own Seal-Lock, very interesting guy, he passed away a good number of years ago, he was quite old back then. He told me some cool stories of HUGE repairs he had done, one involved a massive cast iron water pipe that supplied water to a major city..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts