Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a car club of over 100 members just in philadelphia. We build about 15-20 motors a year. I guinea pigged some sbc pistons first with an i.s. Fogger and and plate. They were awesome. We decided as a club to order thru one supplier and stay with probe. Well we ordered a full sbc rotating assembly 383 and it took 3 months when we were told 2 weeks. Also was told 3 different times that it was shipping and it never did. It showed up and it was wrong. It then took 3 weeks to get it corrected. So a week later i order LS pistons. Asked can u gaurantee the 3 weeks that u say it will take. Was told they would try to get them out sooner simce the last mess up. It has now been 9 weeks and i still have no shipping tracking. Very angry as i am gonna miss the whole season racing now.

G

·
All I can address here is the LS pistons. We had a new forging die made for the 2.250 that will clear the reluctor wheel without modification. The new forgings just got competed and they'll be in the shop by the end of the week.

From there it will take a couple of weeks to get them done. If you tell me what you ordered I can make them get done first...:smt102

Other than that, we're pounding out stocking orders as fast as we get them.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Never heard anything but good from Probe but hell nothing would surprise me anymore.

G

·
Okay, I have the story on the kit now.

We shipped you the crankshaft that the vendor ordered, which wasn't the one you actually needed. We sent two call tags to get the crank back and UPS never found anyone there. So we shipped the crank and called it a day. As far as I know we never got the other one back.

...and your vendor has no LS pistons ordered.

All in all....I'd say you did okay.

·
Banned
16,548 Posts
Maybe instead of blaming probe the op should have done his homework on the dipshit he went threw 1st.

·
Registered
22,822 Posts

We shipped you the crankshaft that the vendor ordered, which wasn't the one you actually needed. We sent two call tags to get the crank back and UPS never found anyone there. So we shipped the crank and called it a day. As far as I know we never got the other one back.

Where are the pistons I never ordered! It's been over a year that I didn't order them and still nothing.WTF !

G

·
Where are the pistons I never ordered! It's been over a year that I didn't order them and still nothing.WTF !

They'll be done in two weeks. Two weeks, I swear it!

I will say that we are having more trouble keeping stuff on the shelves this year than usual. I make 20 sets of something and they're gone before they're done.

·
Administrator
136,827 Posts

·
Registered
12,568 Posts

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a group:p

·
Registered
33,118 Posts
I hear this LS swap deal is the hot ticket. Do you have LS swap pistons I can put in my 312 Ford in my '56 T-Bird? It has the ’57 ECZ-G dual quad heads, will the valve reliefs clear the Clay Smith 284 Super Matchless cam? If you shipped them two weeks ago they should be here any day now.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
stuff like this happens

best to just wait until you get your stuff

and make the best of it

nobody is perfect

This story aside, that's BS.

If you are told 3 weeks for something, and it is 3 months through no doing of the customer, there is most definitely a problem with that and the business deserves to be put on blast.

An update at week 1 or 2 saying, "Sorry, we can not fill your order allocation in the quoted time. We can no longer guarantee a timeline. We sincerely apologize and are willing to discount your order. Would you like a full refund instead?"

Fine.

But 3 weeks comes, no contact, or "another week". Then "another week". Then "another week".

That is a load of fucking bullshit and the customer has every right to be pissed off and the business deserves negative attention.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts