Well its July and the wasps are back, I have read up and they say
only the females sting not the males but something this big must die :smt071

There was one on the rear patio tonight that was close to 2" long
so I will be picking up some Seven dust and covering the nest
Pretty cool looking for a bug

·
Registered
470 Posts
Those things are trying to to pull the Cicadas down between the boards on my patio, guess the nest is under there but the Cicadas are too big to fit between the boards.
I have 3-4 dead ones every morning wedged between the boards.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Im a golf course superintendent and i deal with them every summer. They bore holes in the greens and sand traps which looks terrible and causes other problems also. I put one guy out there every morning for a couple of hours with a badminton racket which is the best way ive found to kill them as they move slower early in the morning so its an easy target. If they are in the process of digging a hole you can step on them as they are pushing sand out of the hole. What im getting at is that they drive me NUTS for about a month every year!:mad:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
piece of cardboard some 3m addhesive spray and cicadas stuck in the middle makes for some home entertainment. If the cardboard is light enough the phuckers will fly off with it stuck to thier ass...

·
Sizeable Member
7,739 Posts
As long as they're not digging a bunch of burrows in your yard, why fuck with them? They're big and a little intimidating but they won't usually sting you.

·
And I call you dipshit.
5,348 Posts
When I was working as an exterminator I would do jobs where there were literally 100+ holes in a field at a time, hundreds of those fucker running flying around. A good residual oil based pesticide mixed on the "strong" side if the legal limit would handle it.

·
Sizeable Member
7,739 Posts
No tree hugger here. I just save my pest killing efforts for the stray cats my neighbor feeds. They are far more aggravating than cicada killers.

·
having fun
31,331 Posts
ive got a wasps west in the back area of my white hatchback i keep outside-when running the turndowns and fumes will drive em out{noise helps too} but when i park it they seem to come back-and sometimes the car doesnt move for a week at a time...

they look alot like the wasp in your picture

1 - 17 of 17 Posts