Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running a passenger YSI and I am considering experimenting with a coged setup for maximum
efficiency. I have a 33 upper and 77 lower, blower is braced and have correct blow off efficiency.
Gates makes a polychain 1440 that has blue on the cogged side, the belt looks bulletproof.

So, if you have something similar with actual 1/4 mile exposure I really would like to here about it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I built this same setup , ysi , cog , 32t 77 crank . 35 mm belt . braced the crap out of the supercharger big vortech blow off . has run 75 passes 1/4 mile @ 8.50 @164 . This setup will work but from my experience the less you pedal the car the longer the belt will last . :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I built this same setup , ysi , cog , 32t 77 crank . 35 mm belt . braced the crap out of the supercharger big vortech blow off . has run 75 passes 1/4 mile @ 8.50 @164 . This setup will work but from my experience the less you pedal the car the longer the belt will last . :)
Thanks, have you tried different type of coged belts and which one works the best.

P/N and longevity would be helpfull.

Sickfox

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since the motor spins cw I was under the impression it might make a difference were the adjustable idler placement might be.
I talked it over with technical support over at Gates belts. Because this blower is on the passenger side, the load side of the belt is
between the blower and the crank pulley.

The ideal spot for the idler is right there, however Vortech places it up on top. Because of this you will see about 20% more belt wear
according to Gates.

Sickfox

1 - 5 of 5 Posts