Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their site says it's due out Feb 2011. According to what Lonnie Houde posted a while ago, it's supposed to displace 12.8 liters compared to the PSI C rotor's 7.4 liters. During dyno testing the DMPE made 28psi more than the C rotor at the same overdrive with lower outlet temps. 80-82psi at 9000rpm versus 52psi for the C rotor. It should be a monster if/when it's released. Anyone have any inside info?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have numbers to compare to the C rotor from dyno testing as well as a release date this coming February so I'm guessing they are keeping the heads on Hemis somehow.

As far as putting one on the Vega, uh, no.:-D

·
I kill parts
10,652 Posts
I would think the idea would be the same as running a 14 instead of a 8 or 10; you could turn it slower yet, making that much less heat, and still have the needed volume of air.

...I'm envisioning come-alongs wrapped around the motor to try to keep this thing on with the "little" pullies, lol.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I would think the idea would be the same as running a 14 instead of a 8 or 10; you could turn it slower yet, making that much less heat, and still have the needed volume of air.

...I'm envisioning come-alongs wrapped around the motor to try to keep this thing on with the "little" pullies, lol.
We did the same trying to run a whipple, larger than a psi, turning them from 55-65 over compared to 120 over, but the weight of the larger blower was more a factor than the overdrive and charge temp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts