Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 55" UN55NU7100F tv recently had the lights go out on the right half of screen .Tore it down to main frame hoping to find some sort of lighting system under it all. Screen has ribbon cables attaching it the main boards.
Question. Are the lights incased in the screen assembly and need to buy the whole screen in this case to repair it?
I did unhook cable the connects power supply to driver board and same half lite up other half still dark. Guessing screen is bad.

Thanks

·
Registered
693 Posts
Not a tv repairman but have done a fair share of pc's, laptops, tablets, phones etc. usually the issue is with a card or board on these, but as you discovered the diagnosis is the main deal. Dunno if there's any forums for your model/brand but would suggest a search with the manufacturer for any community forums or try calling their support. Often, even if not under warranty you may be able to find someone who is willing to assist.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
TV's today are cheap enough to throw away. It's not even worth fixing. Buy this instead for $550.00. You'll probably be ahead in the game if you did.

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Repair vs. Replacement....... TOSS IT!
I think it would be tough to find anyone who would give you a estimated cost of repair....... Most shops want $200 just to troubleshoot it.

BTW! Maybe your town has a electronic recycling program who will take it for free.

·
Former RJ instigator
38,995 Posts
Do you self a big favor and just buy a new one, I doubt you'd even be able to buy parts for it if you ever actually did find out what is wrong with it, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
820 Posts
It should have LED strips to light it up? Check ebay for parts / a board. If it is cheap maybe try it..

Some youtube videos out there too

·
Heavy Metal Thunder.
2,158 Posts
If you want to play with your tv ,there are alot of videos out there to help you troubleshoot what is wrong with it.
Basics you need are a meter to read ac/dc voltage with a diode checking function.
Check on You tube ..alot of videos out there.
also this site has videos and you can get parts.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If you have a cheap Westinghouse TV and it goes bad, toss it. I just got a free Panasonic DVD recorder with a built in VHS player that had troubles. Put in two caps last night and it works like new. Didn't cost me shit, took the caps out of an old stereo board.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know Jeff Spicoli's father is a TV repaiman, I am not sure if he is retired by now or not. Try to send him a PM. One thing I can tell you for sure , he has an awesome set of tools.
Unfortunately Dom, Dad is gone, i inherited his awesome set of tools , but i fix houses not tvs. Spicoli Jr.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts