Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
sadly it is, Thank you for Everything RP & Racers. I now move on with my life outside of the sport.

·
Registered
10,497 Posts
seems true now, watched my first nitro race there along with alcohol, first time I met Kenny Bernstein he let me hold the air hose in the fuel container to mix it, have a pic somewhere.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It’s a shame but not shocking they have been steadily going down hill for a while. Second and third generations never have the same drive or business sense or love for it that the first gen does, add that to rising insurance costs, complaints from residents , law suits and whatever else you can think of. They will take the easy money of parking cars rather than racing them. R.I.P. e town

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Bullshit, if you're not gonna run it then sell it to someone that will..

This is a nightmare, one of the nicest facilities in the country and it's done.

Glad I can say I did race at it while it was running.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
they are keeping everything else open but the drag strip

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Drag strip, with the nhra race had to be the biggest moneymaker they did..... getting some big door car races was possible, which would be huge with the small tire racing of today.

They're shutting down the most profitable part. Retarded.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,828 Posts
Drag strip, with the nhra race had to be the biggest moneymaker they did..... getting some big door car races was possible, which would be huge with the small tire racing of today.

They're shutting down the most profitable part. Retarded.
How do you know? You're privy to their financial records every year? Likely, it was the least profitable. You don't just quit your biggest moneymaker. You quit the biggest money loser. Which appears to be drag racing.

Have you ever even ran a racetrack? Do you have any clue what it takes to turn a profit at a place like that? I'm guessing you don't.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
How do you know? You're privy to their financial records every year? Likely, it was the least profitable. You don't just quit your biggest moneymaker. You quit the biggest money loser. Which appears to be drag racing.

Have you ever even ran a racetrack? Do you have any clue what it takes to turn a profit at a place like that? I'm guessing you don't.

Good friends with one of the local circle track owners, have been for 20 years.... had these discussions many times. Best thing a place like that, or in his case a circle track for comparison sake it's all the same is a successful attendance to your big events and good concession stand sales during these.

They needed a big event once or twice a month that would bring crowds. These days that's small tire stuff, big no prep events with some purses enough to attract the crowds of racers people wanna see... a lot of legwork and involvement and the $ is made at those..... not having hardly any of that stuff is a major reason that track didn't clear $ and that's all on the people running it. Sorry to say you need to be a promoter of your facility and have lots of big events.... all there is to it.
They didn't want to put in the work, that from my shoes, is root cause.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts