Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to run a stock LS1 10.1 to 1 comp. looking for a fuel that will pick up some power over the c12 fuel we have been runing

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
I would caution anyone trying to use XXX. Needs to be figured out on a dyno with a dedicated carburetor, or you will burn stuff up.

·
Registered
839 Posts
its not cheap, but c25 will help you, i used it on my mustang, and it picked it up, .10

How is that possible??? c25 is pro stock spec fuel. No special O2???

are you sure you picked up?? It is used in high compression engines. Using fuel like that in low compression engine will slow it down due to the slow burn rate

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
yes i'm positive, I use it in my superstock engine, and i ended up wanting to just try the fuel to see if it would work on my 10.5 to 1 compression motor, and it picked it up....

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
I was going to say the same thing... 10:1, you'll probably go faster with 91 pump gas, unless your tune is that far off that the race gas helps

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Whats your cranking compression and how high do you plan on reving it?
IMO using fuel with to high of an octane rating is a waste of time and money. To burn gas you need heat, pressure and spark. Not enough octane it pre-ignites, too high and octane and it time to build cylinder pressure therefore looses power.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just trying to learn/understand. Wouldn't running higher octane allow you to run more timing? And wouldn't that be a good thing? I read on a different forum that race gas is a waste for us guys with mild motors unless we adjust the tune.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Pump 91-93 will make more power if tuned correctly.

Octain has little to do with timing on a engine like this. Cubic inches, combustion chamber and comp have more to do with it.

On my 408 11.7-1 28 degrees didn't make a differenc what fuel was in it.

Tim

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just trying to learn/understand. Wouldn't running higher octane allow you to run more timing? And wouldn't that be a good thing? I read on a different forum that race gas is a waste for us guys with mild motors unless we adjust the tune.
By definition "The octane rating is a measure of the resistance of petrol and other fuels to autoignition in spark-ignition internal combustion engines.

Ok so to answer your question, In a perfect world like to you lite the mixture in your engine as close to TDC as possible and have maximum cylinder pressure take place just after top dead center.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts