Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get ahold of Richard Holdener for him to test something like this on a BBC, I would be willing to throw a few hundred bucks to cover the materials.

I was thinking the easiest way to do it would be to start off with a cheap single plane cut off everything just above the flange and then weld on the fabricated runners.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Was just thinking the bottom part wouldn't need to be welded, it could just be tapped and bolted together, that would just leave the top, not sure if it would be easier to reuse the top plenums or make new ones out of tube

Then again Maybe it would be cheaper to send the holley back and spending the 1200 bucks to start from scratch 🤔

·
Unbanned
20,686 Posts
If your willing to throw in a couple hundred buck, I think this project is well outside your budget

·
Registered
29,638 Posts
I would like to get ahold of Richard Holdener for him to test something like this on a BBC, I would be willing to throw a few hundred bucks to cover the materials.

I was thinking the easiest way to do it would be to start off with a cheap single plane cut off everything just above the flange and then weld on the fabricated runners.

The way the ports are arranged on a BBC, it isn't possible to make a cross-ram like that, well if you do, the runner have to veer off to the side and the runners have to be quite narrow.
I have done several design projects to make just that layout for a BBC. Every time it doesn't look good enough to make.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Why dont you see more people running these intakes?
Is it the price? The long runner would be great for tons low rpm torque, no?

be safe, schick

·
A Senior Member
4,333 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts