Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get ahold of Richard Holdener for him to test something like this on a BBC, I would be willing to throw a few hundred bucks to cover the materials.

I was thinking the easiest way to do it would be to start off with a cheap single plane cut off everything just above the flange and then weld on the fabricated runners.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Was just thinking the bottom part wouldn't need to be welded, it could just be tapped and bolted together, that would just leave the top, not sure if it would be easier to reuse the top plenums or make new ones out of tube

Then again Maybe it would be cheaper to send the holley back and spending the 1200 bucks to start from scratch 🤔

·
Registered
29,679 Posts
I would like to get ahold of Richard Holdener for him to test something like this on a BBC, I would be willing to throw a few hundred bucks to cover the materials.

I was thinking the easiest way to do it would be to start off with a cheap single plane cut off everything just above the flange and then weld on the fabricated runners.

The way the ports are arranged on a BBC, it isn't possible to make a cross-ram like that, well if you do, the runner have to veer off to the side and the runners have to be quite narrow.
I have done several design projects to make just that layout for a BBC. Every time it doesn't look good enough to make.

Reactions: Jp outlaw

·
A Senior Member
4,517 Posts

·
Registered
17,873 Posts
Whenever somebody wants something hand made and they use words like 'all you need' or 'you just need' tells me they are minimizing what really needs to be done in an effort to manipulate somebody.
I hear the words 'just' and 'all' and I tell them I'm too busy, good luck and show them the door.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I took one of my manifolds down to a local foundery showed them the manifold I already made and the Ls dual plenum I have.

They put me in touch with a company that does foam molds for lost foam casting.

First mold costs a few thousand but after the first one they become alot more affordable.

My concern was possible issues in casting the 24 fuel injector bungs, they explained its easier to cast pads and machine as needed after the fact.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Whenever somebody wants something hand made and they use words like 'all you need' or 'you just need' tells me they are minimizing what really needs to be done in an effort to manipulate somebody.
I hear the words 'just' and 'all' and I tell them I'm too busy, good luck and show them the door.

Right on!!! I couldn't have said it better!

·
I kill parts
11,353 Posts
I toyed around with this on my suburban build, came to the same conclusion Schmidt noted above; The asymmetrical runners just don't lend well to the design and it ends up fugly trying to offset them enough to pass one another whilst maintaining any sort of decent runner cross section.

Using a stack injector type design lower manifold or tunnel ram and essentially turning the runners up/out on their own side instead of crossing is MUCH more practical.

Also as others have noted, you're talking a few thousand in labor + materials, not just a few hundred. Far from a simple job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts