Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late 1890's or early 1900's all original Gibson ice box that is in perfect condition. Locals here in our town have came to appraise it and they trying to steal it. I would rather sell it to some one on YB or connected threw here. We also have a lot more antiques and need to get started selling them due to our kids are almost out of school and we need smaller house and bigger garage of course.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have pics, will try to post in a few. They offered 50% of what they sell for on ebay/craigslist , I understand they flip things for profit but I was trying to avoid going that route and selling myself. Thanks

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
There is a friend of mine on here that runs auctions for that type of stuff. Shoot him a PM. His username is Ullget8. His name is Jason. Hope it helps. Lee

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Antique business is funny. One day something is hot and everyone wants it. Next day you can't give it away. The old ice boxes use to sell in my area for $800.00 to 900.00. Now you would be lucky to get $200.00. Wife and I bought and sold antiques for about 9 years. Made a little money not a lot.
Your best bet to sell is the net. e-bay and others offer a wider market.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Antique business is funny. One day something is hot and everyone wants it. Next day you can't give it away. The old ice boxes use to sell in my area for $800.00 to 900.00. Now you would be lucky to get $200.00. Wife and I bought and sold antiques for about 9 years. Made a little money not a lot.
Your best bet to sell is the net. e-bay and others offer a wider market.
Thanks for the input. Are there any good antique auction sites. We have a lot of small items. Lamps,bottles,trains,grand father clocks,dolls, also have a strange snap shot of Abe Lincoln ...etc

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Looks like it was refinished and in good shape. I would say that getting $300-$500 would be fair. The refinish may even hurt the value a bit.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like it was refinished and in good shape. I would say that getting $300-$500 would be fair. The refinish may even hurt the value a bit.
Why would you say it was refinished? I cant see any where overspray etc. You thinking someone may have disassembled it? I dont know much about this stuff so I am being a smart a**. Thanks for ur time .We would like to get $600.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Why would you say it was refinished? I cant see any where overspray etc. You thinking someone may have disassembled it? I dont know much about this stuff so I am being a smart a**. Thanks for ur time .We would like to get $600.

It's in really good shape for being original then. I just assumed with it being in such good shape someone refinished it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts