Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a house 3 yrs ago that had RV parking in my back yard through an alley in the rear of my house, approx 1/3rd of my back yard is devoted to this. It has a 20’ chain link fence for access, and a cement pad around 15’ x 50’. When I bought the house it was advertised as having RV parking, I would not have bought this house if it didn’t have it.

So the problem is this, behind my house is the alley, and then a row of houses, then a major street. The city is widening that major street, so in they are removing the row of houses, and as I just found out, the alley as well.

There is no other means of access into my back yard except for a small gate. So when I loose the alley, there goes my RV parking, I talk with the city on several occasions and they just seemed to string me along, saying they will get back to me. Finally they returned my emails and stated that the alley was originally intended to service the row of houses behind me, and that I was just fortunate to have used the alley for this long.

My question is I know I cannot stop progress, but I am loosing value in my house. I paid a premium for this house because of the RV parking.

I feel I should be compensated. What do you think, do I have a case?

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
Wouldnt the alley be considered a public street?

If it is, then yer boned, public property.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, yea i just got off the phone with a lawyer in the area, he seems to thinki have a ligitimate case to move forward, i just wanted other opinions on this cause he is $220 an hr and no guarantee on anything... just would hate to spend a grand or two with this guy & have nothing come of it... but it seems i'm going to have to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts