Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to see how people set up the turboed ls motor.if u dont mind sharing pick of how u routed the piping and were u put your innercooler.any and all pics would be great.if u could allso say what turbo and some of the motor mods would be great.looking for 9.0-9.50 in 3500 lb car in 6500 da.thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Well its not a Camaro but shares the subframe and engine compartment size. 71 Nova, 6.0 with forged rods, pistons, LS6 cam. LS4 left manifold on both sides with mild steel single kit (I built) with a Master Power GT45 (68.9mm compressor). The intercooler is out front and is a Treadstone vertical core unit. Made 603 at 14psi to the wheels. Best of 10.45 at 132 on 315/35/17 Nitto DR's. Looking to get into the nines in street trim in the spring with a 76mm compressor upgrade and some boost off the line.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks LS1nova.that is a nice clean look.boy u get all that stuff in there and there is not much room left.what cylinder heads are u running?what rpm were u launching at.can that gt45 produce more boost or is that all the tires could handle.i love the hole setup gread job.keep the builds coming.thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Well its not a Camaro but shares the subframe and engine compartment size. 71 Nova, 6.0 with forged rods, pistons, LS6 cam. LS4 left manifold on both sides with mild steel single kit (I built) with a Master Power GT45 (68.9mm compressor). The intercooler is out front and is a Treadstone vertical core unit. Made 603 at 14psi to the wheels. Best of 10.45 at 132 on 315/35/17 Nitto DR's. Looking to get into the nines in street trim in the spring with a 76mm compressor upgrade and some boost off the line.

Brother....that thing is so wicked! I am doing twins but the whole "black & silver" engine/turbo set up will look perfect in my silver engine bay. What throttle body are you using?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
hi thanks LS1nova.that is a nice clean look.boy u get all that stuff in there and there is not much room left.what cylinder heads are u running?what rpm were u launching at.can that gt45 produce more boost or is that all the tires could handle.i love the hole setup gread job.keep the builds coming.thanks for the info.
The heads are stock except for Comp 918 springs.

Launching around 2500rpm off the footbrake (no boost), tires/brakes wont hold more.

Ive had it up to 17psi but honestly its prob out of steam with the tiny 69mm compressor wheel. Fixing that soon though.

The throttle body is a stock truck unit, and I totally agree, the same color scheme would look great in your BA Chevelle.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Wish I had room like that under my hood, LS1Nova.

One of my friends just did a 68' with twins and an LS1 that came out real nice. The pictures were on my old phone. I don't think he has the skills to post up pics on here though. I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The heads are stock except for Comp 918 springs.

Launching around 2500rpm off the footbrake (no boost), tires/brakes wont hold more.

Ive had it up to 17psi but honestly its prob out of steam with the tiny 69mm compressor wheel. Fixing that soon though.

The throttle body is a stock truck unit, and I totally agree, the same color scheme would look great in your BA Chevelle.
Thanks. Is that just Steel tubing that you painted black? Also, I am interested in the black you used. It never fails when I try to use black the shades always end up a little satin or too glossy. I dont' like complete flat so semi gloss or semi flat is perfect but they never look the same. That is about the right shade and gloss of black I am looking for. Even thinking about pulling all my trim on the car off this winter and re painting it. I just use can paint because the imperfections is what actually make the car if that makes sense.

Any more installation pictures?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi (sinister)wicked69 what happened to the last two engines u had built by the last engine builder.i agree that a LS turbo setup up is a great idea.if u dont mind can u pm me with the details of your last 2 motors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts