Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Maderator
16,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for US steel, GC works.......we are currently working without a contract and the negotiations are not progressing very fast or very well for that matter.

·
WHAT NOW ?
17,002 Posts
I work for US steel, GC works.......we are currently working without a contract and the negotiations are not progressing very fast or very well for that matter.
thought you guys were shut down ?

·
A Senior Member
3,458 Posts
Best of luck to you.

I hope you have your retirement age down to where you can enjoy the rest of your life.

My IBEW local is still at 65. And nobody wants an old worker.
55 is the earliest with penalty of 2% per year.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
They are locked out here in Midland ,pa I honk everytime I go by and our union takes stuff over to them. Its been over two weeks since they had any pay or unemployment

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
They are locked out here in Midland ,pa I honk everytime I go by and our union takes stuff over to them. Its been over two weeks since they had any pay or unemployment
Damn a member close to home! Used to work in Liverpool at hall China. In Brighton township now

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Not a steel worker but a UAW worker. We are in negotiations now. We are a former General Motors/Delphi parts plant that got sold off under the Delphi bankruptcy. Contract expires 9/15 and the company and union are miles apart. Of course the company wants to break it off in our asses.

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
Just look at what the de-industrialization of our country's primary industries have done to the Firebrick/Refractories industry!

AP Greeen, Harbison Walker and North American are now a shadow of themselves under ANH!!

I figure that more than 50 percent of the places I have worked in and visited when I was working for Greens are closed.

Good luck with you guys that are still left.

pdq67

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'm not a steel worker but I do buy all USA made steel. We are a smaller company and are just starting to hit our busy season. It is late this year for some reason. I want to say THANK YOU for your work.

Also Fuck You China for the shit scrape price.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,069 Posts
HOW LONG CAN A MAN STAND IT

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
"chinks should be cut off from being allowed to buy the USA scrap....."

I figure that it is the "scrap brokers" that are the GGSOB's that will sell to them regardless if they can make a dime and f** all the rest of us.

People really need to look hard into commodity contract/brokers and such because I figure that these are the people that are making a PERCENT vs WAGES per transaction here for doing no more than handling PAPER!!

They sure the f** aren't out mining/growing/manufacturing/handling anything, now are they!!

BUT my word, look at the MONEY they make off those that do the REAL work!!

CSer's are smarter than me because they handle paper and I always handled a f** tool!.....

pdq67

·
Registered
20,079 Posts
Verizon employees have been w/o a contract for a couple months-I am retired, but it can still affect me somewhat
Neg. are pretty tough this time, fiber cut down on a lot of main. needs

1 - 20 of 62 Posts