Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I installed one in my race car trailer years ago and LOVE it. I honestly can't tell you the size ( I think 1800 ) but it runs a 4 foot florescent light, box fan, practice tree, drill, and many other things I ask of it. It sure beats starting up my 2000 watt honda for every little project.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I have two from Harbor Freight, one 3,000 watt in the trailer and the other one is a 1500 watt I think in my truck so when we are traveling my wife can work on the road with her laptop, hotspot, printer, phones etc. all plugged in. This one does beep sometimes when the truck is at idle, I don't know why because the trailer one never makes noise with no charging.

They are great though because they allow me to run all the lights and appliances in the trailer for several days when we are camping or at an event. You just need to figure out how much battery you will need, in my case four big marine batteries work well for the trailer. I plan to add roll out, stick on solar panels to the trailer roof to charge the batteries up when I get my new bigger trailer in a couple of months.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I use a 1500 watt to hook my battery charger to and hook the charger to the battery to charge it. My battery never goes dead that way.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I run a Xantrex Freedom Marine 3000 watt inverter in my service truck. It's powered by 4 six volt deep cycle batteries and it's enough to run my grinders, compressor, and lights for a day. Used to have a hose press too but I found it was really weighing down my truck so I took it out.

·
Banned
16,597 Posts
Trace 3000 w/8 6volt batt bank, had it for 15 years, it's the shit. Only run the gen set for AC, and to charge the bank every couple days.

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
3,000 here also. It is great not having to take a generator everywhere

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
So if you have one with 4 plugs you could use 1 to charge the battery and it will run FOREVER. I wonder if they get hot or anything on continuous use. They would be cool for power outages or a weekend get away where there is no electric. Cool idea Thanks Guys

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
What size inverter and how long does it run your cpap?
Its a small one that I picked up in the return products area at Sam's Club. I will check tomorrow but I am going bigger so I can hard wire it to a couple of recepticals. I charge the battery daily at the drag strip as I have the generater running anyway and with a fresh battery it lasts all night and a short nap during the day with no issues. I used to HATE not having my Cpap when I didn't have electrical power and even though I have a small Honda gererator I won't run it all night and disturb my neighbors at the track.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Its a small one that I picked up in the return products area at Sam's Club. I will check tomorrow but I am going bigger so I can hard wire it to a couple of recepticals. I charge the battery daily at the drag strip as I have the generater running anyway and with a fresh battery it lasts all night and a short nap during the day with no issues. I used to HATE not having my Cpap when I didn't have electrical power and even though I have a small Honda gererator I won't run it all night and disturb my neighbors at the track.
Thanks, I have a Honda eu2000 generator and hate running it all night also. Just wandering if one deep cycle battery would run the cpap all night with a small inverter, or would it be better to use 2 batteries in series to the inverter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts