Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went last week end for a nice 3 day riding week end with freinds and family. Sled wasn't on the ground for 3 hour the first day and bang..... The outside cylinder on the recoil side banged... I've had the other two cylinders do this also but not this bad. It would seem the Wiseco pistons for these 900 triple Artic Cats are known to kick the the rist pin clip and you see what follows... It probibly wouldn't be this bad, had I not had to limp back on the lake for about a quarter mile.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah I was out last weekend, sled ran great from 10am - 2pm, then it bogged bad, recovered just in time that I didn't get stuck really bad, pulled up on to some packed area to wait for my buddy, took off up the trail and it wouldn't make any rpm at all. Went about 300ft and stalled, could get it to idle and nothing else, ended up towing it.

Towed about 10k, and the tow sled started to smell hot, stopped and the thermostat on the tow sled had started to rub on the exhaust some how, and had melted a hole and now the coolant was coming out.

So 330pm mountains, two dead sleds, and we hadn't seen anybody in over an hour, it was a nice 10k hike, well into the dark. Couldn't even get cell service for the first 3/4's of it.

Came back the next day with another sled, and fixed the tow sled, and did a two machine pull the rest of the way out.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Just a FYI......you can usually send/recieve a text message even if you don't have cell service.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts