Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres a good one , gotta love guys who cant make a go at running a business , and resort to legal right away , heres the deal .

i have a customer who bought one of my ovens for powder coating, he got it over a month ago , i helped him out over the phone numorous times giving him pointers on how to apply coatings , preping and such. hes a total newbie with it , never powder coated before . so now he is pissed and thinks the oven he recived is not up to par with what he thought he was getting . so he emailed saying he is out XXX amount of money becuase of lost time and frusteration and he would like to trade in the product he got for a bigger oven i sell and call it even so i emailed him back saying it was non returnable becuase it was something i was sitting on for a while due to a non paying customer so i sold it with basically 35% off the price . its on my terms page about no returns on this due to the custom nature .

so a few hours later i get an email saying he is going to file with everyone he can and says this is why we have lawyers for our companies .

i delt with this one time before , my lawyer just luaghed and said dont worry it will never hold water . lucky for me alot of this transaction was via email and alot of it doesnt make sense .

whats everyones guess on it ? worry ? or just continue with life?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Well anytime you have a problem, if you are like me, you know you have a quality product and 9 outa 10 times all the problems fall back on the customer due to poor installation of equipment whatever it might be. Any way, if you try to make him happy, it will just be another problem with the next oven. I would let him do his thing, it would probably cost you less to just wait than to try to appease him now....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Full of hot air. I'll bet he is having other business troubles. I notice that our non paying customers are the squeekiest wheels. Always some freek missing part in thier orders every time. No one else has troubles, or his willing to head to the hardware store to pick up the missing bolt instead of insisting on having it red labled to them. Cry babies.

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i always try to help out my customers every way i can , and i mean every way , most guys know if they email me at night ill call them back if they want a pointer or just a suggestion , how many other companys would do that ? but this guy i bent over backwards for him telling him what he needed etc .

i belive its just him , i sell a heck of alot of ovens and other equipment and the few little problems i do have are delt with very quickly and never a problem . but i think he just wants more for nothing

just gets to me i guess since i always try to help as much as i can and then get fucked over some way

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
so heres a good one , gotta love guys who cant make a go at running a business , and resort to legal right away , heres the deal .

i have a customer who bought one of my ovens for powder coating, he got it over a month ago , i helped him out over the phone numorous times giving him pointers on how to apply coatings , preping and such. hes a total newbie with it , never powder coated before . so now he is pissed and thinks the oven he recived is not up to par with what he thought he was getting . so he emailed saying he is out XXX amount of money becuase of lost time and frusteration and he would like to trade in the product he got for a bigger oven i sell and call it even so i emailed him back saying it was non returnable becuase it was something i was sitting on for a while due to a non paying customer so i sold it with basically 35% off the price . its on my terms page about no returns on this due to the custom nature .

so a few hours later i get an email saying he is going to file with everyone he can and says this is why we have lawyers for our companies .

i delt with this one time before , my lawyer just luaghed and said dont worry it will never hold water . lucky for me alot of this transaction was via email and alot of it doesnt make sense .

whats everyones guess on it ? worry ? or just continue with life?
I don't have enough info to even make an assumption of who's right or wrong, if that is what you are looking for. I can tell you as a small business owner for over 15 years that a happy customer is a repeat customer. A little good will and training, even teaching, goes a long way and doesn't cost you anything but a little time. That oven doesn't sound cheap and word of mouth is the best advertisement.

just food for thought.

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I notice that our non paying customers are the squeekiest wheels.

x2 have a customer like that right now , a part was on back order for the past month i looked high and low for an alternative , but he said he would wait , every few days he would see what is going on , well now the job is done and i need final payment ... guess what ? cant get ahold of him .

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
i always try to help out my customers every way i can , and i mean every way , most guys know if they email me at night ill call them back if they want a pointer or just a suggestion , how many other companys would do that ? but this guy i bent over backwards for him telling him what he needed etc .

i belive its just him , i sell a heck of alot of ovens and other equipment and the few little problems i do have are delt with very quickly and never a problem . but i think he just wants more for nothing

just gets to me i guess since i always try to help as much as i can and then get fucked over some way
Then again, some people are just ass holes and nothing you do can change that.:p

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have enough info to even make an assumption of who's right or wrong, if that is what you are looking for. I can tell you as a small business owner for over 15 years that a happy customer is a repeat customer. A little good will and training, even teaching, goes a long way and doesn't cost you anything but a little time. That oven doesn't sound cheap and word of mouth is the best advertisement.

just food for thought.
i have over 500 guys that would speak clearly that my stuff is top notch and well done , its usually just the end user that cant make it work properly . after all it does take a person to run it .

and belive me i know all about word of mouth . it has made my company grow every year

·
Registered
500 Posts

:smt102

·
Registered
41,233 Posts
so what are you saying i helped to much ? and i should be just like the rest of corporate america ? make a sale and say fuck off ?
They're saying don't worry about it. This putz doesn't know what he is doing and everyone is barking at him. He just needed to bark at someone and it turned out to be you. He will disappear quickly.

·
Registered
500 Posts
no, just maybe where alittle 2 nice to the wrong person that is more than willing to take advantage of your kindness. Some people are just A-holes...

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i guess i shouldnt worry about it , i mean i did everything i could to help but at some point you just need to say ok buddy thats enough .

thanks

·
Registered
9,057 Posts
go down to his shop to inspect the oven, when you fire it up and it is working properly, throw his ass in it and leave.. problem solved..

fwiw , it sounds to me like you have done all you can to help out, like said above, some people are just assholes...

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
go down to his shop to inspect the oven, when you fire it up and it is working properly, throw his ass in it and leave.. problem solved..

fwiw , it sounds to me like you have done all you can to help out, like said above, some people are just assholes...
lol .... i actually had a few guys from long island come here , they said it would be great to put bodys in . i just walked away . no need to ask questions .

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,361 Posts
If you have been in business for any amount of time these things will happen. It's unavoidable. It's all part of doing business.

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you have been in business for any amount of time these things will happen. It's unavoidable. It's all part of doing business.

been doing business for 10 years now , yes it happens , i just take it to seriously i guess .

·
Idiot Savant
166,479 Posts
been doing business for 10 years now , yes it happens , i just take it to seriously i guess .

If you were of Irish decent you would know this....though it is of little consolation to have a mere proverb......here you be.

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

·
Un-Official YB Tormentor
5,087 Posts
How far away is the asshat?

Make him a deal. If you personally inspect the oven, and it works like it should, he pays for your time/travel. If its not working the way it should , you upgrade him free.

Bet its working JUST fine!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts