·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I got ms1 extra and using tunerstudio.
Stock 5.7 tpi with distributor and 6al
o2 is not reading.
fan not coming on.
Anyone have some msq files i can try?
just post up ur msq and ill take a look at it , ill dig around on my tunning laptop and see if i have any of my old ms1/extra tunes for my old tpi 350 still

edit u can also just reflash the stock ms1 extra firmware the tune that comes with the firmware is for a stock l98 tpi engine

·
Smoked another BBF
18,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
still having an issue with the o2 reading 4 volts even when its not connected and the sending wire reads -.01 volts? narrowband

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
3 wire, but it reads 4 volts not hooked up. its ems-pro with ms1 extra so all the wires are labeled. fan to fan.
u getting 4 volts out of the o2 , or just 4 volts when its hooked to the emspro
if the heater/wire is somehow shorted out internall on the 02 thats the only way i can see it putting out more then 1v

i would go grab a cheap 1 wire o2 drop it in and see what it reads

·
Smoked another BBF
18,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no volts at the o2 sensor. i pulled the wire out of the loom not hooked to anything and tunerstudio says 4volts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
no volts at the o2 sensor. i pulled the wire out of the loom not hooked to anything and tunerstudio says 4volts
something in the ecm has to be bad , make sure theres not a jumper on the board to switch between narrow band and wideband ( or a jumper connected were it shouldnt be), ive never had an ems pro in my hands but iirc its all surface mount components , and u move around jumpers to change options on it

if it was a normal ms1/2 v2.2/3.0 id say double check the o2 circuitry on the board itself

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i dont see anything in the manual that would explian 4v on the 02 wire , try contacting the guys at diyautotune.com see if they have anything else for u to check.

if u havent already i would disconect the 12v feed and ground form the 02 and see what happens if only the signal wire is hooked up

·
Registered
2 Posts
3 wire, but it reads 4 volts not hooked up. its ems-pro with ms1 extra so all the wires are labeled. fan to fan.
I haven't messed with an ems-pro but a couple things to try...

Use a multimeter and check the fan wire from the ems-pro for continuity to ground when the fan should be on. The fan wire should ground the fan relay to turn the fan on.

Measure the voltage your O2 is putting out with the meter. It should be between .1 and 1 volts.

All of the sensors run off 5 volt reference, connect the O2 wire to one of the 5 volt reverence leads and see if the ems-pro reads the 5 volts.

Also make sure the settings are set for a narrow band O2 and not a wide band.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts