Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
When I first started racing, it was on an old skool lil ninjette (250).
A Ninjette lol

A buddy of mine bought his Daughter one years ago,Brand new. We went ahead and did the break in on it and fluids etc. She wanted it ready to ride.

I put that thing to the test and it was a fun lil bike but I found myself trying to twist the throttle past where it stopped haha. It was OK for her as a starter bike but even she out grew it quick and she was a tiny gal.

·
Registered
489 Posts
A Ninjette lol

A buddy of mine bought his Daughter one years ago,Brand new. We went ahead and did the break in on it and fluids etc. She wanted it ready to ride.

I put that thing to the test and it was a fun lil bike but I found myself trying to twist the throttle past where it stopped haha. It was OK for her as a starter bike but even she out grew it quick and she was a tiny gal.
Not anything I'd want to street ride on, mine wasn't street legal... strictly a race bike.
But seriously, pushing one of those little bikes waaaaay further than they were ever designed for is a lot of fun!!
I raced my first season on it, then went to a custom GS500... but goddamn I hate twins... that's when I went to my Gixxer 450 triple! Never looked back...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Not anything I'd want to street ride on, mine wasn't street legal... strictly a race bike.
But seriously, pushing one of those little bikes waaaaay further than they were ever designed for is a lot of fun!!
I raced my first season on it, then went to a custom GS500... but goddamn I hate twins... that's when I went to my Gixxer 450 triple! Never looked back...

View attachment 265333
Well it sure looks like it put a smile on your face 👍

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Rode one the other day, maybe if you're 20 and don't care about comfort but they suck IMO. Doesn't matter how fast they are, they SUCK.
I felt the same way till I bought a set of helibars.
Raised up the handlebars enough to take the pain away.
It's now a joy to ride.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It's all good. I'm just trying to stay on 2 wheels.
Darn 2019 ZX10RR going for $22,000

·
Registered
565 Posts
Came THAT close to purchasing a Honda CBR in the 80's (inline six) probably wouldn't be around today if I had.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Came THAT close to purchasing a Honda CBR in the 80's (inline six) probably wouldn't be around today if I had.
Inline six? You mean CBX, not CBR. It came out in 1978, and lasted until 1982. Big, heavy, wide, pretty quick and very cool, its engine was sweet sounding and silky smooth. I spent quite a few miles on a friend's 1980 model in the middle to late 1980s. In its last couple years it was detuned a bit and made into a touring rig of sorts...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
U had a 1979 KZ1000 back in the mid 80s up until 1992.
That was one hell of a cruising bike with some pep.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
FYI, Ninjaboy is the multi account troll SuperStockRacer aka Chris B. so take anything he posts with a grain of salt.
You can see the NY plates in his profile picture. Same mismatched plastics, shitty seat cover too and shitty ebay sticker kit.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
FYI, Ninjaboy is the multi account troll SuperStockRacer aka Chris B. so take anything he posts with a grain of salt.
You can see the NY plates in his profile picture. Same mismatched plastics, shitty seat cover too and shitty ebay sticker kit.
Uh-oh. Is this guy some kind of trouble maker or something?

21 - 40 of 114 Posts