Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
go to wal-mart and get their jerky spice mix. Use the leanest hamburger you can find. Mix it up and put it in your jerky shooter.
into the dehydrater for about 6-7 hours test for your particular doneness. make 2 batches cause it will go quick!

·
Registered
51 Posts
2-3 lbs of beef : I usually pick up whatever is on sale. I also prefer a bit of fat on it since this add to the flavor.

8 oz Soy Sauce: Not the low sodium kind

8 oz Worcestershire Sauce

1/2 tbl spoon of Garlic powder

2 tbl spoons of ground black pepper.

Dehydrator.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Anyone got a good beef jerky recipe? I know this might be like asking for your first born but its worth a shot;)
.........We do several hundred pounds a year of Elk, beef and venison jerky, we found that Mixing the meat in nothing but "Johnnys seasoning salt" in roasting pans, and let sit overnite always produces the BEST tasting jerky, AND you can almost never scew it up. one small bottle per roasting pan full of meat. place on racks next day, pepper to taste, and smoke. Another trick is to use the very best smokin wood there is!!! And that is Madrone!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like yoshidas teriaiki(sp?) and then smoke it with apple wood. Have the butcher cut it about 1/4". If you use a nitrate cure you can smoke it 130*-140*. Without the cure I go more like 170* for about 4 hours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts