Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ls7 ' s came with titanium rods that are about 460 grams, aside from adding a bit a mallory will there be any issues balancing the rotating assembly with say manley pro rods and wiseco pistons?

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Bit of Mallory is an understatement....

Just had a friend balance and LS7 crank to a set of the Ultra H beams and a set of wiseco pistons....

Took 7 slugs of mallory and the bill was 900 bucks. Put the cost of the crank with the cost of the balancing.... and you can buy a 4 inch stroke Dragonslayer from Callies with the LS7 snout for the same money.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Done about 10 of them and they are trainwrecks if you don't keep everything really light like LilJohn says. Usually you can get a new balanced crank for less and sometimes a decent amount less but sometimes its not really really bad just pretty bad.

·
AMP Racing member
3,477 Posts
Can you keep the rods and just swap pistons?

I'm not an engine builder... Wondering. I would think titanium is light and strong... Why not keep them?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Can you keep the rods and just swap pistons?

I'm not an engine builder... Wondering. I would think titanium is light and strong... Why not keep them?
Sure but not a lot of shelf options although Wiseco has a few. You can get a custom piston as well so that they are about the right weight to balance back out of you know what the old pistons, pins and rings weigh.

·
Registered
261 Posts
As stated above, they suck to balance. Buy an aftermarket, or get a piston to go on the factory rod. Just be sure to upgrade those rod bolts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts