Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice old new yorker for sale on craigslist and a guy wants to trade for a lexus sc 300 that has a toyota supra 2jz engine. Is this a good package? I guess it bolts right in. I know next to nothing about imports.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
I have a nice old new yorker for sale on craigslist and a guy wants to trade for a lexus sc 300 that has a toyota supra 2jz engine. Is this a good package? I guess it bolts right in. I know next to nothing about imports.
Lexus is Toyota.................as Acura is Honda........................as Infiniti is Nissan!... ;)

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like it would be a cool little hotrod. I see some that have twin turbos and such. I will get him to send me some pictures. I really dont need any more toys but....

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
They came with 2JZ-GE's... if you are thinking about doing it, id make sure its a real 2JZ-GTE swap, and not just a turbo'd GE.

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh so basically the car came with that same engine? I was led to believe he installed a more powerful engine in the car.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Oh so basically the car came with that same engine? I was led to believe he installed a more powerful engine in the car.
the 2JZGE and 2JZGTE are the same, while being different. The block in the GTE has oil squirters, the rotating assembly is different, the head is different, the intake is different.

The 2JZGE is what came in the non turbo MKIV supra's as well.

·
Registered
531 Posts
the 2JZGE and 2JZGTE are the same, while being different. The block in the GTE has oil squirters, the rotating assembly is different, the head is different, the intake is different.

The 2JZGE is what came in the non turbo MKIV supra's as well.
Rotating assembly is the same besides that the pistons are higher compression on the GE.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The SC300 came with a 2JZ, which yes, is the same as the non-turbo surpa. It needs to be the 2JZ-GTE or he's playing you for your ignorance.

·
Registered
758 Posts
2jz-ge = non turbo engine.... 2jz-gte = turbo engine..... more than likely it has a na-t swap done...which makes decent power...not power like a gte..but the na-t swap is common and still can be stout and reliable.... get us more details on the car and we can help out more..

·
Dyslexic Lord of the Sith
3,632 Posts
I've driven one, it was an auto. Had about 8xx horsepower to the wheel. It was fast but not as fast as you would think. Low tight ass stall means it was just a cruising/ highway roller, complete dog out of the hole. Boost lag was a bitch but once it spooled it pulled really hard. Nevertheless I was pretty unimpressed especially when the guy told me he was asking upwards of 20k for the car.

Those swaps are pretty simple. Most 2jz motors that haven't been completely overhauled are getting pretty worn out these days. I would try and get as much concrete details on the motor as possible. If it was a pull out from a junker or wreck it might be pretty ragged out. Mind you the motors are strong as hell. However, I am not talking about being able to handle a lot of power, I'm talking about young guys beating the shit out of a 150k mile motor like Vin Diesel in the movie theater parking lot.

For the record I made the swap to LS stuff in 2010 after growing up all things import and turbos. I went to old iron and haven't looked back, In this case the grass truly was greener. If you want to talk, PM me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts